Anxiety, lightheaded, pass out feeling

Posted , 25 users are following.

Okay so I don't really know how to explain how I feel. It's all just so odd. I'm going to try to explain it, and I'm hoping someone can verify anxiety makes them feel like this too!!

1) Tingles. All the time. In random places. I am starting to be able to reassure myself that it's anxiety related because I'm so used to it happening. I've been able to reassure myself when it does happen, because I've purposely put myself into uncomfortable situations and BOOM, it happens. It's not a numb, falling asleep feeling. It's literally just tingles. If I relax and calm myself down, it goes away. It still freaks me out though.

2) Ever since I had my c section, I've been TERRIFIED of passing out. I don't know why it started at that time, but it did. I think it's because I was in so much pain during recovery, (and I was so afraid of getting post partum preeclampsia and/or a blood clot from limited mobility) that I just honestly thought when I stood up, I was going to pass out. I was so afraid to shower and walk too far from the couch. I'm 100% over that part of it now, but that fear is still there. I'm also afraid to drive on the freeway now, just in case I pass out. If I'm on it, and there isn't an exit every mile, I will start to get really panicky and fidgety. I'll get tingly and my entire body feels really light. I have to turn the air on full blast and roll the windows down. I will have to immediately get off.

So I'm finding lately that I'm getting a very light, weird feeling when I walk around. I get an airy feeling in my chest, and sometimes I feel like I'm out of breath but I'm definitely not. It's just like an "Uhhh I feel weird want to sit back down" feeling. That's how everything is.

I should mention I have severe health anxiety. I've always been a hypochondriac, but it's gotten much worse ever since my pregnancy. I HATE IT. I've thought I've had a brain tumor, MS, Parkinson's, ovarian cancer (which I still think I have, due to this little twinge I have on my left side when I move certain ways), a tumor on my spine, a heart problem, etc. Google is not my friend.

I'm finding now if I focus on something that makes me panicky, I will get that pass out, light feeling. When I say light, I don't necessarily mean light headed. You know how when you stand up too fast and get that head rush? It's not like that. I just feel like my entire body and head is light. It's very strange and I hate it!!!! It's like a pass out feeling. I constantly check my blood pressure at home and it's always normal. I'm having a hard time understand why anxiety does this. I had a physical in October and all my blood work was fine. But then of course I read crap online about people having something wrong with them, even with good bloodwork so I get freaked out.

Weird lighting makes my eyes feel weird too. And sometimes that triggers that feeling. It just comes out of nowhere.

I also suffer from panic attacks. I get a very weird rush through my body and have to immediately go somewhere cold, or put something frozen on my face from the freezer. Listening to my calming app and laying in front of my fan usually calms me down.

I'm just so sick of thinking something is wrong with me all of the time! And I have a hard time believing this is all anxiety. I get waves of dizziness here and there too! Not spinny dizzy, just a woozy feeling. I can't stand it!!!

I just want anyone who also feels like this to let me know how it feels for them, and how they deal with it.

0 likes, 68 replies

68 Replies

Next
  • Posted

i get the same feelings! Some times parts of my body even feel numb. My heart will race, my mind starts going crazy, I feel like I'm suffocating, even though I'm always fine. The best thing with anxiety is to just acknowledge it. If you get a feeling you've had before, no matter how bad it is, think to yourself "okay, i've had this before and nothing happened. I know this is just anxiety, I will feel okay eventually" I've had times where I SWORE I was on my death bed and that I was going to pass out and never wake up again. It's awful, but I'm always okay. You have to look your anxiety and hypochondria in the face and say " i know you're there and I know you're a part of me, but you will not break me" Soon, your feelings will become secondary and they will be there but they will not "hurt" you as much as they once did. If you ever want to talk, PM me. I'm in the same boat as you and sometimes it helps to talk.

• Posted

This made me feel better! It's so hard to explain how everything feels. How does it feel when you think you're going to pass out? And I also get the numb feeling! And random warm sensations.

• Posted

I know exactly what you mean! It's like you want to just explain it but you can't find the words. For me, the best word I can use to describe it is WOAH. I'll feel my self start to panic and then the pass out feeling hits me like a brick and almost everything around me goes blank and I feel out of body almost. It's scary. It feels like my lungs could stop at any moment. I often think I'm having a stroke but I never am. It's crazy.

• Posted

DUDE YES!!!!! Like "whoa whoa I need to sit down NOW." But I'm not spinny! It's so terrible. And yes with the out of body feeling!! It's like everything around me just doesn't matter. I focus on getting through whatever I'm doing, and I rush because I'm panicking. It's not always the panic feeling first. Sometimes it's the pass out feelings and then I semi panic until I sit down.

• Posted

Yeah I get that too! Sometimes I'll be in the shower and it happens, I use to shower and leave my phone right outside of the shower in case I collapsed or passed out in the shower and needed 911.I'm trying to at least just leave it on the counter now. I'll get it in the car too! For no reason at all. I swore for months I was on my death bed and then after all my tests came back normal, I was actually upset they didn't find a "medical" reason that nothing was wrong and that it was all psychological. it's hard to accept that you can cause yourself so many of these bad feelings

• Posted

I want to cry right now. That's me 100%. After my c section I would not do anything without my phone for that EXACT reason. I've gotten a lot better, but I still get a little nervous to take a shower because it happens in there sometimes. And YES in the car. I will get so fidgety and anxious and my body will get tingly and I'll get that light feeling BAD. I don't understand. And I feel out of breathe but I'm not. I will stop immediately and breathe and my breaths are deep and normal and fine. M chest feels airy and weird and it makes no sense.

• Posted

It's truly awful, it is. it's scary because you never whats going to happen next or what kind of day you're going to have. Somedays are better than others, I've been almost two weeks without an ER visit which is good for me considering for ahwile I was going almost 2+ times a week for something and there's absolutely nothing wrong with me other than the anxiety. it plays cruel games on you. I even take a very low dose of medication and it doesn't totally eliminate the feelings or thoughts. It's something we just live with and accept

• Posted

How does your dizziness feel? Does it ever happen out of nowhere? Is it spinny?
    • Posted

Never really get a "spinny feeling" but it does happen out of nowhere. I more or less feel like I'm going to lose my balance or that I can't walk straight

• Posted

Yeah mines like woozy. Like a hangover feeling or motion sickness type feeling. I go to the doctor Friday and I'm so nervous. Doctors terrify me.

• Posted

I know how you feel! The first time I went, my heart was beating so fast from the nerves that she thought I might've had a heart condition and sent me to a cardiologist. I would tell them EVERYTHING that you're feeling. It's the best way to help yourself and if they try to give you medicine, I recommend trying it. I was so againist it at first, but once I saw that it helped a little, I was on board for it. I've tried a couple different kinds.

• Posted

I'm afraid she's going to be like, "you're dying" lol I'm truly so positive she's going to. My stomach always hurts too! My legs ache. My mind says cancer!! It's so bad.

• Posted

Yep that's what I thought too!!!! I was for sure I had meningitis and a deep blood clot in my legs, its crazy. It feels so real and I feel so crazy when nothing happens lol

• Posted

Mmmmhmmm!! It's nuts. I went to my physical thinking I was going to immediately be admitted into the hospital.

Do you ever feel walking around the house? If I'm cooking or doing stuff around the house, I feel awkward sometimes. And panicky obviously. Like I'm clumsy or something but I'm not.

• Posted

I feel really numb and cold inside. It's hard to explain, but the feeling always freaks me out. My whole body goes numb and then I start panicking.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.