Anxiety & Living Life With Others

Posted , 7 users are following.

Am I the only one, who gets irritated/mad and depressed, whilst having anxiety? Especially an anxiety attack. I was wondering if any of you get agitated with those around you during anxiety. Also, have any of you had trouble making others understand what it's like to have anxiety. I can't seem to make my boyfriend understand, especially. I'm depressed and crying every night, because i feel so weak. I wish I could make it all disappear.

1 like, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It's normal I think. I suffer with the anxiety that way. Trying to explain to the partners in your life don't always understand. With anxiety unfortunately you have to take it day by day. Don't know if this helps. Michelle
    • Posted

I feel like I'm being rushed to feel better, because I'm a "nuisance" and I always have problems...
  • Posted

It's because they don't understand the condition. Try not to let it stress you out, I know it's hard. Have you been advised about counselling or cbt therapy? Which may help you x
    • Posted

I was planning on getting a refferal tomorrow, to see a therapist. I already know what place to go to, since I've been there when I was 10 and my mom went there, for a while... Today, the clinic I went to for my appointment with my GP, was closed. They have 2 different places where they see patients. The other one is 20 minute's away, and the clinic I go to, is only 5 minute's away. My mom didn't have any gas to go to the one that was 20 minute's away. The lady on the phone, the day before, scheduled me to go to that other clinic. rolleyes  Now I have an appointment tomorrow.
  • Posted

Go in open minded, it can work, if you find some pamphlets to leave 

lying around. Hopefully they might read them. And realise what and how you feel. X

• Posted

I am the same way when i have anxieties i get irritated mad and depressed so you are not the only one. When i am like this I do take it out on my boyfriend but he is understanding at times and he knows its just my anxieties and my depression

Then there are times he doesn't really understand and we end up arguing and then i cry and feel down 

Elizabeth 

• Posted

My boyfriend gets mad, cause he can't help me... He wants me to feel better already. My family in my house, are hounding me over things and making things more difficult. I keep forgetting things I need to do and it annoys them and they get mad...
    • Posted

There are times my boyfriend gets angry with me when he can't help me and then we end up arguing like crazy then he gets angry and I cry and lock myself in the bathroom until he calms down 

They just don't understand sometimes they do and somtime they don't 

Elizabeth

• Posted

Hi kayla

You have just described exactly how I feel. I suffer with anxiety and panic attacks oh and not forgetting depression. I try and explain to my boyfriend what it's like living in my head day to day, I tell him I have problems but he doesn't understand. I don't think people do unless they suffer also. Oh and yes I get agitated with people especially if I am having a bad day. I just can't help it. I've often thought I need to go to anger management, but I think it's just another sympton of my anxiety. It can put a strain on our relationship because when bad thoughts are going through my head and I'm over thinking things, I do get very snappy. I just can't help it. People don't understand x

• Posted

Hi lisa this is the way i am too. When i am agitated i take it out on people there are times i take it out on my boyfriend and we argue at times 

Then he gets angry because he does not know how to help me when i am in my moods and my anxieties are up and i am crying and yelling 

People just don't understand 

There are times i have to either leave the house or lock myself into the bathroom until he calms down 

Elizabeth

• Posted

People who have never experienced what anxiety is ..will never understand...I know it sounds harsh but only you can help yourself. I basically told my mom and hubby to leave me alone..that once I was good I would let them know but not to hound me or stress me..because the only energy I have I save for my kids who need me and work...irs super hard...and many times you just want to give up and cry...but you need to make changes in your life..that will make you happy! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.