Anxiety much worse in the morning!

Posted , 24 users are following.

My anxiety levels are much worse in the morning, i wake up with heart palpitations, fidgety, restless, shaky hands and general worry about the day ahead. Once i'm up, my heart races, and i gag, but nothing comes out because my stomachs empty, where i'm not eating. I also suffer depression.

Is this a normal feeling?

2 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi..  how are u feeling now?  i just started lexapro again and i am feeling the same way you were..  any help would be greatful..
  • Posted

Was doing pretty good, stopped taking the sertraline about 6 months ago because I didn't like how it made me feel. Out of the blue last week I had a bad panic attack at work...no idea what triggered it. Im still recovering from it. Barely eating, shaky all the time, much worse in the morning. By mid day my nerves have calmed down and I'm mostly normal. Started taking the sertraline again...don't know what else to do 

• Posted

hi all, pregabalin can be very effective for treating anxiety including morning anxiety so perhaps discuss this with your doctor
  • Posted

I kept waking up early (5-6 hours of sleep) with intense mental and physical anxiety and feelings of doom for over 6 months, and resolved it by taking lots of electrolytes. I felt better within days. Pedialyte is a popular brand but has lots of sugar, Tippy Toes is a rival brand and I’m guessing other brands and the powders could work too. I’m not sure if it was a specific ingredient or not. This is after having gone to various doctors and tried all kinds of supplements, and nothing worked up until the electrolytes. Maybe this will help someone else.

• Posted

yes its very normal with anxiety. im worse in the morning too. exercise can relieve some stress as well as staying busy.

do u take any meds?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.