Anxiety much worse in the morning!

Posted , 24 users are following.

My anxiety levels are much worse in the morning, i wake up with heart palpitations, fidgety, restless, shaky hands and general worry about the day ahead. Once i'm up, my heart races, and i gag, but nothing comes out because my stomachs empty, where i'm not eating. I also suffer depression.

Is this a normal feeling?

2 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Yeah i usually dream about feeling horrible with my anxiety and depression  which causes me to hate sleeping rolleyes plus feeling worse in the mornings also.
  • Posted

Hi sam are you still on here

• Posted

Do u think he isn't alive or ignore us or dead, or don't know how to answer our question and who is he? why he ever bother set this post ? 

• Posted

Me too, I very morning since I had brain surgery two years ago. But at begin nothing but it built up slowly now worst. I really hate the feelings. Driving me crazy. Dr thinks it is a nerves disorder. I don't think so but maybe right.but,  is there cure for it, I want it stop. I don't drink and smoke. I have no cells like white and red cells in my blood , is it cause my aniexty? Really hate nerves disorder whatever it is called . Oh pls make it stop. Feels horrible. 

• Posted

For me mornings have always been worst I wake up wondering. why do I feel anxious? Then I start thinking of so much negativity to almost find the reason but that makes it worst. It's easy to say or type but you almost just have to concentrate on what your going to do eg. Brush teeth, apply hair gel etc and focus on your surroundings and you find that reality will override it. My main problem is thinking I'm the worst human being going even though I've done very little wrong in life and care for anyone. Hope this can help I'm a youngish male of 26 and had this problem for a year now but now I'm more knowledgeable onit I think my problems stemmed from much earlier in my life. I suffer ocd so with all that in the mix if I don't keep ontop of things can get me real depressed

• Posted

Been suffering since October 1995, however things took a turn for the worse last August and my mind went racing about 2 local landmarks in the area.  A multi storey car park and a bridge and thought about......., well, you know.  Why?  I was dealing with the loss of a family member and one evening the though just came into my head.  However, even though the thoughts are somewhat under control I'm suffering stomach pains and have done since October 2016.

The morning is the worst for me but the feeling in the stomach lasts nearly all day.  I believe it's an stomach ulcer but my GP keeps supplying me with indigestion tablets.  I've explained the symtoms endlessly but it falls on deaf ears.  As soon as I open my eyes it's there without thinking of anything.  This is making me feel anxious as to what it could be.

I'm seeing the GP on Thursday and explain my symtoms for the upteenth time and hope I can get checked.

• Posted

Just wondered if anyone is still suffering from morning anxiety.  Have been taking Citalopram for 11 weeks but still not good in the mornings.  Would be nice to have some reassurance that it does go away!  This morning was particularly bad and I really don't know why.

• Posted

Hi foxygrandma I've been taking citalopram for around 6years now the first 4-6 weeks wasn't good but it did definitely help with the anxiety but now out of the blue my anxiety is back like fear and dread and the mornings are the worse Dr put me on busperione 10mg 3 times daily 1 week ago but half the day I'm suffering these awful dread feelings in my tummy dreadful. Hope your feeling ok

• Posted

Hi Lisa, thank you for replying to me.  I think my morning anxiety is beginning to ease now and I'm trying to keep busy which definitely helps. I've started CBT which also gives me something to focus on.  I'm sorry to hear that you're not having such a good time at the moment and I really hope this is just a blip which passes soon.  

• Posted

Hi, what l can't work out is whether my anxiety is down to my husband committing suicide and drastically changing my life or whether it's the menopause. I'm now 57. I was 53 when my husband died. Battling with morning anxiety which is spreading further into my day. Can u advise? Thanks

• Posted

My anxiety is much worse in the morning. I am struggling with it. 8 years symptom free and some how I triggered it again. I am not depressed but as the anxiety zaps my strength, it's hard to stay positive. By nightfall my symptoms (shaky, mind racing, burning veins, muscle twitches, and heart pounding through my chest) have all but subsided and I fear going to sleep because I know I will have to deal with this monster the next morning yet again. Has affect on my sex life too, but I won't get into that here. I am currently taking xanex and lexepro. I am seeing therapist and I am hoping the doctor and therapist concur on taking me out of work on short term disability for a week or so to give me a break and a chance to get a grip. I remember the techniques and breathing they taught me 8 years ago with my last bout, never worked, panic attacks, the last thing you do is think, it's all about feeling hopeless and out of control. Over time mine went away only to rear its ugly head again two weeks ago. Reason unknown at this time. Hope I can manage to keep my job of 30 years. Doctors seem understanding just have their own agenda and filling out paperwork for disability claims doesn't make them too happy. Well, I have no tips or tricks, just a damn reality any real suffering victim can tell you is scary as hell. You just need to try and tell everyone it's a real thing, your not less of a person for having it. 

• Posted

This hits home. Even the same meds. I'm also taking others but for the sequel to Morning Anxiety: Career Destroyer which I was praying was an isolated incident even though it's like, I am actually thinking about this...I am going to have to use the movie sequels theme on my blog post today because I never looked at my "episodes" from that view. I have bipolar and then the other problems returned from 03 and my doctor added first 10 mg lexapro and 1 Xanax to my daily ingestible pharmacy, and now I am supposed to be taking 2mg Xanax 3x daily and 20 mg lexapro and I was just doing well, I wasn't getting hypomanias,but I was not down and anxious for a few precious weeks and I actually had an interest in the idea of sex,even though the relationship I'm sorry to be in is so opposite of sex I was working with memory and fiction. But part of my problem is that I am involved with an addict and my supply of my Xanax has been drastically reduced by my boyfriend last week stealing it to trade for other things. I am new to this website. I am new to the world of Adults who say boyfriend. But It is adding to the already biological processes of premenopausal and genetic predisposition for morning anxiety to have the variables that I now have to work with. Fighting foreclosure. After 20 years of marriage. He lives with the former model he left me for i live with my old high school boyfriend who once modeled in a cologne ad and is now a 43 year old addict. I thought I was having a heart attack Tuesday night. I am afraid of what I read about benzodiazepine withdrawal, but I am afraid to tell my doctor because it might make him stop prescribing that. But It was helping. I don't have a CPA degree but I was an accountant and bookkeeper for two companies in the past 14 years. Clean record, great reference from the first, and a lot of the second, well,my. Work itself was flawless nearly. Above and Beyond. But the things this guy involved with my own life, and the paranoia because I was only one of 2 women in a 32 person contractor company, him coming up to job sites, shaking my painting crew down, and it eventually caused me to resign because it was going to be too painful to be fired. That company was started by a pair of brothers I played hockey with in high school. I saw it go from the 4 kid church painting crew to be bidding on million dollars in real estate and getting it. Our..their logos are all over the North of my state.. I have 4 Xanax left until the 20th.It's going to be the 2nd anniversary of my father's death. It's like he took reality as I knew it with him. I don't know how this life became my life because it used to be easy to find.It's the 3rd house from the corner, there was a fence,and I was a wife and the. Pianos were in tune.

• Posted

Hi I suffer from anxiety everyday and very bad depression in the morning it is that bad I all a do all day is stay in the house I am having counselling once a week I have lost interest in everything I feel I am not living

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.