Anxiety or heart problem PLEASE HELP AND READ MY DISCRETION IM REALY SCARED

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 15 yr old female and about 3 weeks ago I started to have jaw pain and looked it up and read about anemia and heart attacks. I convinced my self I ha anemia and started to feel heart palpitations and a rumbling in my chest. I read a little more about anemia and heart attacks and about 4 days ago started feeling tingling in my left arm and now some pain in my back under my left shoulder. I didn't feel anything until a day after reading about it. The jaw pain has been gone for weeks but I still am constantly aware of my heart and right now my back hurts and left arm feels slightly stiff. I'm not dizzy or having a lot of Chest pain but have basically convinced my self that I'm soon gunna have a heart attack. I have checked my heart rate and resting it's always below 100 and I can never feel it skip a beat or suddenly get fast. And lastly this is REALLY embarrassing but I haven't had my "time of month" in 6 months and was wondering if that could mean anything an when I had it before it was always abnormal and skip a moth and last a week soo...Thank you and any help is appreciated

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I was also feeling a realy hard thriving in my left arm last night for about a minute after looking up heart attack symptoms and I know it wasn't in my mind since I could see my arm move
  • Posted

I think you dont have to worry about your heart,sounds like health anxiety. You probably should go to a gyno about the female issues. Hormonal problems maybe. Need to get that checked. Hormones probably could also be causing your anxiety. Get that checked out. A good gynocologist will also do a general check up at the same time. Tell him or her all your symptoms. Xx
  • Posted

Hi Sammy I agree completely with what Lee said. I get funny twitchy nerves sometimes where you can actually see movement (if that's what you meant) I've never thought they were anything and still dont except weird feeling and I find it amusing to watch. Small things as they say xx
  • Posted

Thank you both so much I feel a lot better. I think I'll stop searching the internet for heart attack symptoms since that was freaking me out! Thank you all
    • Posted

Yes leave Dr Google alone and go have some fun sweetie x
  • Posted

Hi Sammy,

Regarding your lack of menstral periods - are you vert thin, or do you have an eating disorder?

You must go to your doctor and get everything sorted out.

Sometimes periods stop as a result of anxiety,  not not always.

I'm assuming you had a pregnancy test?

I am pretty sure that all your symptoms are anxiety-related, buy do go and see your doctor.    Love Tess

• Posted

I don't have an eating disorder and I am a normal weight. I don't think that was caused by anxiety cause the anxiety only started a few weeks ago. I also haven't had a pregnancy test but I'm a virgin so I'm pretty sure that would be impossible. I will try to talk to my doctor soon though. Thank you for your concerns (:
    • Posted

Hi Sammy

Well, if you're a virgin a pregnancy test wouldn't be a lot of help lol.

Seriously, let's talk about this privately. I'll send you a PM

• Posted

I think its okay to have that, but this is what I hate about internet.Sometimes I wish they would just banish all the unuseful articles from there that make us believe in lies, untrue things, and I had the same problem. I read an article about hearing voices which barely lasted for some days and went away and I started crying because I thought/convinced myself I had schizophrenia..which was NOT the case as I see it. not even close. SO the internet can spread much good things, happiness, and lots of fun, but they can also spread the bad side,,fake philosophers. Everyone seems to just jump to conclusions. Oh, I have a bad headache (instead of going to a counsel or doctor)...I have chronic headaches and migraines. (but it really only lasts a few hours or a day). I feel this wierd tingle in my head,,what is this? and the internet spreads so much lies. So I just want to tell you SAMMY, its okay. You're not in a heart attack or anything near that. It just seems you felt some symptoms alike that..don't believe in that. Don't convince yourself. Stop believing that. You'll be just fine.lol
  • Posted

Just a few moments ago I felt a sharp sudden pain on the left side of my chest that only lasted a few seconds but my left arm felt sore afterward. Could that also be caused by anxiety??? And lately my left arm is still sore near the inner elbow area an my lower right back hurts and upper back right under my shoulder. Sorry to bother you guys again....
    • Posted

I also have trouble sleeping cause I can constantly feel my heart rate an it's not particularly fast but feels hard. And somtimes the left side of my chest randomly feels sore and my left arm feels sore especially when stressed. And lastly sometimes my jaw is also sore; sometimes bottom somtimes top and either side.
    • Posted

hi. A heart rate at 100 is normal but still fastalso when your menstrual period first begins a lot of times it's irregularthat soreness that you feel is it just when you touchthat sounds like inflammationtry eating a lot less salt to get your heart rate downand maybe less inflammation
    • Posted

The soreness just randomly happens and I can't usually pin point the area. I'll just be doing everyday things and my left arm will feel kind of stiff. And same with my jaw. And my back pain randomly occurs but only when I move my back. And they sharp pain in my chest/side and back just randomly happen and feels painful while breathing an then after a few breaths it losens up and gets better. I just get freaked out cause I feel like I'm having every single heart attack symptom
    • Posted

Plus this may seem rediculus but I read that heart attacks are more likely to occur around your b-day and mine is in 2 days...I hate the Internet
    • Posted

Dont hate the internet. Learn its pitfalls. Hopefully the birth control pill isnt doing this because hormones can do this. Talk to a doctor who understands about hormones
    • Posted

All the symptoms can be caused by anxiety, Sammy. You really need to go to the doctor. xx Tess

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.