Anxiety or something more serious??

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm a 19 year old female... I'm in pretty decent health I just don't have the best diet and I do get secondhand smoke. I don't know if anxiety is the answer to my symptoms or if it's something more serious.

I get headaches frequently, on the sides of my head and the front. The pain is mild to moderate.. sometimes drinking water helps and sometimes it doesn't.

I have chest tightness/pressure/heaviness/discomfort almost every day. It happens randomly too... It doesn't matter if I'm out and about or being a couch potato...it comes as it pleases. It is mild to moderate as well. It's in the center of my chest and/or underneath my breasts. Sometimes it can last literally all day long. I have noticed that taking a hot bath helps.

I have tired muscles in my legs sometimes... Like they get tired when I'm half way up the stairs

I have mood swings. Some days I will have moments where everything just gets to me, but then like 30 minutes later I will be ok

I'm constantly worrying... and I mean constantly. What if I get cancer and won't make it to marry my boyfriend? What if I'm never happy with my body? What if this headache is actually a tumor? What if I'm never successful and always hate my job? What if my boyfriend finds someone better? What if someone breaks in to our home while we are sleeping? Do you see what I mean? The worrying never ends! It's one thing after another or 100 things at once.

I'm always googling stuff too.. Especially symptoms. According to Google I have: lung cancer, POCS, angina, pericarditis, breast cancer, and generalized anxiety disorder. I think it might be anxiety but there I go thinking what if it's something more serious and I just think it's anxiety??

Please give me your opinions, I'm going mad!!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

your list of what ifs contains the very same type of stuff  that anxiety has your mind telling you..It's the same thing all of us have to deal with. The very first thing I would suggestis to go to a doctor for anxiety meds. Until you get something to help your mind get clear enough to think straight and begin to take control away from the clutches of anxiety. After i did that, I joined this forum and got a great deal of help from some terrific people, all dealing with anxiety to some degree

After you get the terror dampened down, you can think rationally again and learn to deal with what's going on, so you can continue to go forward. In the meantime google foods that make anxiety worse, and google foods that help anxiety. That food change makes an amazing difference. The very next day after learning what is good and not good, I woke up early and still sleepy didn't think and had coffee and pastry for breakfast, two of the no no foods, and within 10 minutes was through the roof. That proved to me food is a key to taking your mind back. I shopped for the good foods and eat better than I have in years and definitely feel an improvement. Get the list, and act on it.

Let's start with this. Let us know how it is going, and we'll go from there. it's important to know what you are going through is common to all anxiety suferers. You are not alone and all of us understand and are in the same boat. We are rooting for and believe in you.

• Posted

As soon as my doctors office opens up today I am calling and making an appointment! And definitely going to look up the foods to help

Anxiety! Thank you so much I had no idea food could trigger it. I have thought in the past that coffee has made it worse but I just blew it off and didn't want to believe it because I love love love coffee lol but I think now I'd rather feel good than have that cup of coffee lol

• Posted

High magnessium foods avacadoes, bananas, potatoes, kale, ..etc..low carbs and a lot of water and cashews and walnuts are good, some people go on gluten free diets as well. Pinterest has so much on there for guidance. Theres a tremendous connection being made to inflammation and anxiety/depression and it does make sense. Anti inflammation diet would be good idea. I have started one last week. Kicked it off with a one week detox. That too is on pinterest. Foods plays a larger role then people relize becuse a strong body being fed properly can handle all this a lot better then one dilled with fasnk processed stuff. And drink lots of water. Anything dilled with dyes and perservatives will not be good for you. I will say i am very pleased cia had joined this forum. I like her thoughts on here. Very bright person. 
    • Posted

Good for you, girl. I picked another "first thing in the morning" drink...believe it or not, for me, a big glass of V-8 takes the place of the coffee and pastry, and it's a lot more nourishing. It's pretty astounding how different I feel with that first food of the day change. This may not be you "cup of tealol". You will find your own "jump start." Be well and laugh a lot, even at yourself.

• Posted

I like v8 juice or just plain tomato juice. I think I saw advertised on TV v8 nutrition Drink
  • Posted

the smoke may be causing you respiratory problems and headaches.  Can you improve your situation somehow?
    • Posted

So I should go to the doctor to make sure? There isn't a whole lot I can do at the moment because I don't have a car right now so my dad and boyfriend are taking turns to get me to and from work. my dad is the smoker.. smokes in the car and in his house. I live with my boyfriend now but go to my dads house on my days off if my boyfriend isn't working. Back in high school when it was time to go to my dads house he would smoke in the house... one time I either got a sore throat from the smoke or I just happened to get while I was at his house, I'm not sure. I don't get as much smoke as I did in high school but I still get it often

• Posted

It looks like you are very sensitive to cigarette smoke so I would lay down the law. It's the law in the UK you cannot smoke in cars. Although you may not be here it is important to look to your healthiness and happiness.

• Posted

Don't take lightly the poor diet and second hand smoke. And why googling is leading you astray. There is now talk of third hand smoke. In the floorboards walls etc. The thoughts you have should be fleeting thoughts not hang around thoughts. Get busy when these thoughts dwell in your mind. Fix your diet. And add a few eggs. They have nutrients foun d nowhere else

• Posted

Don't Google.. At all.. Ever.. First problem. Have u been to doctor to get checked out? If not that's first, just to put your mind at ease.. I can tell u right now I'd be willing to bet money it is anxiety.. Your list of fears says it all. Chest pain is common for us, I'm going on day 4 of constant chest achiness.. For that, try relaxing on caffeine or chocolate if u eat that. Known to cause heart aches.. I have an inflammation of the chest wall. Its apparently common, just annoying. It can literally feel like you're having a heart attack.. Are u dehydrated? Headaches are usually dehydration, stress or muscle pain from your neck.

• Posted

A huge "AMEN" to lisa's response. In the case of anxiety, you are what you eat is very appropriate.

• Posted

My god you poor thing. You are in a constant state of angst. Sounds just like I use to be.( LISTEN) stop this foolishness and suffering. Get to your family doc immediately, like yesterday. You are not living your life right now. This is called (anxiety). It's running your life. Stop the madness. You should be on antipressants. you will feel(normal) I promise

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.