Anxiety/Perimenopause - Bladder Pressure/Frequent Urination

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello

Does anyone here get bladder pressure and/or frequent urination with anxiety? Or perhaps related to Perimenopause? 

Any thoughts or replies greatly appreciated 👍 

Thanks in advance x

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi

I do get a nervous bladder whenever I'm about to go out anywhere in the car and I connect this to my anxiety. Don't know how to control it which is very frustrating.

• Posted

Hi Lucy

Thanks for your reply! I get the nervous bladder at times too - when nervous/stressed etc... however this time it's been quite intense, very frequent urination and bladder pressure (like something is irritating or pressing on my bladder) My abdomen is bloated too. I was treated for UTI, but not that. I've had an ultrasound for cysts/fibroids, but all healthy there too. Full bloods and urine all normal and healthy. I do have Ulcerative Colitis (which also flares up with anxiety or stress) gynae saw a very active bowel during the scan and thinks it is down to that. I'm unsure!? Waiting to get that checked next. I'm wondering if prolonged anxiety/stress could be the cause or at the least, making it worse. How are you coping with your anxiety? I'm trying to get into meditation and yoga x 

• Posted

So many conditions can be made worse with stress or anxiety or our own minds. We have to try and believe that if all tests come back negative then it is our anxiety and nothing else any more serious. Easier said than done I know.

I was on a beta blocker to help control the pounding heart but I'm not on them now. I have been listening to a hypnosis cd each night and trying to practice the breathing techniques but have also tthought about yoga. I think that may be a good idea.

Let me know if you find it works for you x

• Posted

Hi Lucy

How are you getting on? It's very true what you say about how the anxiety and mind can can worsen/cause many symptoms.

Which hypnosis cd are you listening to and is it helping? I sometimes listen to relaxation apps which I find helpful. I'll let you know how the yoga goes 😊

x

• Posted

Hi Carla

I'm listening to a Sharon Shinwell, overcoming anxiety and panic attacks. Been listening to it most nights for the past 2 weeks. Not sure if it's working yet as they recommend you listen to it for 30 days to feel the benefits so I will let you know! Yoga seems to be something that a few people have recommended so worth a try, I will try anything to be back to some sort of normality. I will look forward to your yoga update smile x

• Posted

Hi, I know this thread is old, but Carla did you discover what your issue was? I've had 2 months of frequent urination and bladder pressure. So far no resolve. Your situation sounds similar, so I'm curious as to the outcome. Thanks

• Posted

Hello, not sure if this is related but I get quite bad ovarian pain when I have bad anxiety. Have been to the doctors and had blood test and scan but nothing was there! Am trying exercise which seems to be helping as it makes me definitely more relaxed
    • Posted

Hi Lucy,

I have been cycling.  Not hardcore speed off road cycling but just a few miles at a nice pace.  seems to exercise lower half of body and quite relaxing as well

• Posted

Hi Ellie

That's interesting you experience ovarian pain during spells of bad anxiety. It never ceases to surprise me how are bodies work and the effects of anxiety! I still feel my symptoms are down to something else - awaiting a full abdominal scan - time will tell. 

Good advice about exercising too - I enjoy walking - fresh air and being outdoors really helps me 😊 

I hope you are on top of the anxiety and doing well x

• Posted

I meant OUR bodies, not are bodies! Doh!! 😁
  • Posted

Hi Carla, 

I am having exactly that.  Have you improved?  If so, how? 

• Posted

Hi, I can't believe that you wrote that...I have been feeling the exact same way for the past few days.  I am very nervous and have been feeling a lot of anxiety lately, and I am in Perimenopause at age 50. I would love it if someone could answer our questions..it is making me feel more anxiety worrying that something is wrong.  I just had a transvaginal ultrasound 4 months ago and all was normal.  But I am still nervous...any help would be great.

• Posted

Hi Jennifer, I am also having frequent urination as soon as I drink water I have to pee. This started about two weeks ago , 2 weeks before my period is due. The day it started I was getting ready to go for a follow up to my dr. And I was doing no 1 and no 2 uncontrollably. Yes I was having anxiety really bad then

I manage to get it under control by taking vitamin b12 and progesterone cream.

I have read that frequent urination can be one of the symptons of perimenopause. I have no pain or pressure anywhere only the frequent urination.

I did do a hormone panel and hormones are out of whack! Don't know if you've gotten uour hormones check, maybe something to consider. Lately. I've noticed the anxiety has tried to creep in again

especially when I wake in morning or if I find myself stressed or worrying.

Are you taking something for the anxiety?

• Posted

I get ovarian pain on mt right side, had a scan last year and couldn't find anything, actually the pain has been ongoing for over ten years, I have fibroids since age 30 yrs old, I am 50 now and in perimenopause, got so many symptoms that I just go with the flow, I have good and bad days.

lately it's been some kind of pain when I pass urine and pressure on my bladder. Sex is too painful for me, my partner is frustrating as I have lost all interest in sex. I feel tired and drained all the time..

sorry about my whingeing, I just feel like I don't enjoy anything anymore. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.