Anxiety/Perimenopause - Bladder Pressure/Frequent Urination

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello

Does anyone here get bladder pressure and/or frequent urination with anxiety? Or perhaps related to Perimenopause

Any thoughts or replies greatly appreciated 👍 

Thanks in advance x

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

This is such a relief ( if you pardon the pun)

I have linked my anxiety to a full bladder. My anxiety wakes me up but I also need the loo after I have emptied my bladder my anxiety symptoms go.

I once read many years ago in a medical journal that fluid retention can be the cause of PMS symptoms playing havoc with hormones which causes the symptoms of fluctuating moods etc.

• Posted

Hi all new to this.. is this part of peri or am i going mad , have been suffering with full pressure feeling from bladder for the last6 months . Went to doc and have been doing bladder training which is hard,down to 6 cup of tea / water day. Have being doing pelvic floor exercise aswell but still pressure. 25am at that age as the doc says. 48 yrs.

• Posted

Hi there, I have had the bladder pressure for about 4 years. Ativan is the only thing that helps, and oxytrol it's a over the counter patch for over active bladder. It comes and goes. It's nothing more than bladder spasms. Stress and horm are the cause. Ativan only at night to get sleep and ice pack. I do this till I mysteriously disappears. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.