Anxiety question?

Posted , 6 users are following.

So I upped my dose of celexa to 40mg 2days ago.For about a week Ive been getting this uncomfortable feeling of disconnection that takes over me completely like i literally feel disconnected from everything and everybody it’s scary tbh .Is this normal ???

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jesscox, yes that happened to me, I was completely out of it, my manager at work commented because it worried her. I would also completely Zone out and at times struggled to hold a conversation, couldnt remember words, forget what I said a second previously, and would slur, the worst part was people looking oddly at me. What you describe sounds normal to me and its not anxiety its side effects.
    • Posted

I find odd how when your having these strange physical feelings and the doctors automatically assume oh is anxietys let's up your dosage instead of saying is side effects ride it out..oh here's a benzo until you feel better..just baffles me..

• Posted

Thats been one of my biggest complaints to my neurologist and doctors. When I had my blood pressure checked recently, I said by the way I am not anxious am feeling very calm. My neuro blamed anxiety on some of my symptoms, I had to explain that I was feeling scared because of my symptoms. Makes my blood boil, well they believe me now, I got there in the end.
    • Posted

So your initial anxiety symptoms besides the headaches where???
    • Posted

What my doctors saw was past PTSD on my records am sure that's what the problem is because they kept bringing up anxiety all the time.  My symptoms when they upped it, I can remember feeling out of it, daily headaches,photophobia, couldn't string a sentence together, memory issues and other stuff then some time later not sure how long from when they were upped, I was sitting on a train and out of the blue, the only way I can explain it is my head exploded it all happened so quickly, I went cold and that's when the parathesia started all over my body to start.  I always carried pain killers and muscle relaxants and water, so immediately took pain killers and water, got off at the next stop to sit down outside, started to feel better after about half an hour, and managed to get home.  Got home at 6pm went to bed and slept for about 14 hours.  Woke up, head felt weird, and I was tingling so bad down my right side that I was dragging it.  So had to be checked for stroke.  I was talking about this very thing with my neuro the other day to say how do you know I didn't have a tia, because I haven't had that experience since, not like that anyway and she said you don't get headaches with Tia's.

• Posted

I couldn't walk in a straight line either, I was all over the place.

• Posted

hot flushes originally, then they upped it because I was feeling sad and dead inside, and struggling to function.
    • Posted

Wouldn't it have been better a hormonal therapy...that's what I did for my hot flashes. I received one shot and that took care of that..and I'm sure the celexa has been helping me with the hot flashes Because it's been two years since I got a hot flash..these doctor's are too much...

• Posted

They wouldn't give me HRT because of my  Migraine diagnosis (side effects) back in February 2015,

• Posted

I know exactly what you are experiencing I have been through this. When my citalapram was increased to 40 mg I felt depersonalisation that although I knew I was there I felt that I wasn’t and that the world was going on around me and I wasn’t part of it.  This feeling lasts about 2 weeks and then you start to feel better and more like your old self.  Go with it there is an end in site.  I’ve always found when starting or increasing anti depressants I always feel worse before I get better.  I know you’re feel scared but go with it you’ll be ok. Sending hugs 
    • Posted

You give me so much hope when no one understands.Thank you.The only thing I find odd is I’ve been feeling like this for a week or so and I barley upped my dose 3 days ago..I was at 20mg was good for about a year then February increases to 30mg was amazing for a couple weeks then it came back and it’s been back so I barley increased to 40 mg .I just get so tired of dealing with so much in my head it’s annoying lol 
    • Posted

Most of the time we tend to confuse blips with the medicine not working.and we upped the dose to feel better.. saying a prayer for you..
    • Posted

Hi Jess I went from 30 mg to 40 mg and got these side effects.  I know it’s very difficult to clear your mind of all the horrible thoughts and you feel overloaded. I found having a soak in a dark bathroom with candles and listening to smooth radio programme it really helped.  It will get better I promise, I thought it never would but it does 😘

• Posted

Thank you,I know it does I always have hope and taht keeps me going,just right now I feel stuck lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.