Anxiety seems to have hit again

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've been doing okay the last few weeks but for the last few days my anxiety has been creeping back. Especially today, it feels like my throat is closing up and I can't get any air in to breath. My head feels heavy and I feel like I'm gonna pass out like I wanna run to the nearest hospital

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Rescue remedy has slightly taken the edge off but I want this feeling to go away sad 
  • Posted

What rescue remedy did you use?

Try and be at peace but I know that it is very uncomfortable and scary I am suffering from the amse thing. Take Care Sarah

• Posted

I just use the calm and reasure one that you spray on your tounge. 

Thanks it is horrible but I'm trying to calm myself. 

• Posted

I have not heard of that.

Do you get it in the chemist?

I do not like the medication that I am on but have had to persevere with it for the first time.

• Posted

Is this herbal kinda liquid with all different herbs that help to calm you down and make you feel reasured. You put a few drops on your tounge when you feel anxious or a panic attack coming on and it takes the edge off the anxiety and sometime's stops it.
  • Posted

Hi Sarah i had the exact same feeling of feeling i was gonna pass out not to long ago in the shop i was walking to the till and my legs was literally going like a falling sensation along with dizziness and in my head i was sure i was going to drop and pass out but i didnt. I just dont understand why me and all of us suffer so much inside but to the outside we look normal. Im still contemplating meds but im scared incase i feel worse or it doesnt help. Im determined to not to suffer another year like this i need to try something weather that be meds, a hobby, or exercise/relaxation to see if i get any relief because i cant go on like this x
    • Posted

Hi Moo.

I am trying to find any sort of help at the moment as I too canoot carry in like this feeling so alone and in this state all day and evening and then not slepping long.

Let me know how you get on ?

• Posted

I have had to try and stop myself going to the hospital on a few occasions and I seem to seek out constnt re-assurance which is very uncomfortable and not like me at all.
    • Posted

I get the rescue remedy from boots and I also take Kalms herbal tablets. Do you have these feelings for long periods of time? Like I feel these symptoms like I'm gonna pass out for like a few hours hours at a time sometimes a whole day 
    • Posted

I get a few symptoms really but mostly panic, like needing to run away because my intrusive thoughts are always that I am going to die.

This is the pits and I would not wish it on my worst enemy.

Like you I just want it to stop.

• Posted

I say that every day about my worst enemy. I would trade places witha terminally ill cancer patient this is sooooo bad. Unable to work leave the house etc
  • Posted

So nice to read all the letters on here.

I am suffering with anxiety too,and having the same symptoms.

I have bought Rescue Remedy,Pastiles and now Chewing Gum.

Don't seem to help.

I spend too much time on my own,tried hobbies,TV anything to take my mind off myself.My Phone Bill will be huge ,as I ring distant family,just for a chat.

5 minute relief,then back to my own thoughts.

• Posted

You should try Kalms they have really helped me! You take 2, 3 times a day and it's all herbal like the rescue remedy 
    • Posted

Youre right after you keep your self busy for a bit the broken record starts all over again. My Ativan takes the edge off slighly but doesnt last to long Docotors tihnk everyones a junkie and wont prescribe a THERAPEUTIC dose like 5 mg which would make me normal for a bit
    • Posted

I did buy some Kalms,but must be my Nerves,as I couldn't swallow them.

Kept wretching.

Awaiting now ,some Nelsons Nerve Tonic.

They are Tablets that dissolve,with or without Water.

Ordered from Amazon.

Night everyone.

Hope tomorrow is better for all of us.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.