Anxiety so bad depressed and I can't sleep , just started anti depressant

Posted , 8 users are following.

Anxiety & depression can't sleep no matter how tired I am , just started anti depressant 2 weeks ago ! I hope to get relief soon , this is awful ! I am 43 yrs old I need relief !

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry Joie, I start HRT next week on day 16, I'm hoping for relief myself. When this hit, I didn't know why? I sought counseling who tried different meds, and not one of them even thought it may be this. I did the research and figured it out for myself. I'm in my late 40's and you would think that it may have crossed their mind esp because I was never depressed in my life. It's normal to get the blahs during the winter, but I have clinical depression now

• Posted

I hope HRT helps you. I agree with our age and all the different symptoms you would think they would suggest it but oh no they throw antidepressants at you and suggest counselling. When you come out of the doctors you think perhaps you are going mad. Like you I researched menopause myself. It's unbelievable how all the mental symptoms affect you isn't it? Xx

• Posted

I figured it out as well my husband even researched it . I went to counseling and they told me I have a typical depression but this is more than that. Also empty nest syndrome my son left for college to add to everything else going on ! Its awful ! Thank you for your support I hope today was better for you!
    • Posted

Yep. I will keep everyone posted how or If the progesterone helps. I wish the se meds would take effect immediately, not weeks or months. I'm curious if they will have a positive effect everyday because I will only be taking them for 12 days out of the month

• Posted

Hi,

I know how you feel and I'm going through the same thing. I am on 40 mg of Prozac and it has helped . The symptoms are still there but more manageable ! This is so difficult but we have to hang in there. Give the antidepressant about a month to start working. I have been taking ambien for sleep and it helps . Its sad to have to rely on all of these meds but we need to get through this!

Peggy

• Posted

I agree I am giving this time I need to do something . I tried natural approach not much luck I also did bio identical progesterone no good for me I had to stop!

I just need to do something I felt terrible I started the anti depressant 2weeks ago I do feel some relief but I can't sleep no matter how tired I am ! I go back to Dr in 2 weeks hoping he will have suggestions to help with sleep . I also read insomnia can happen when you first start anti depressant. The for reaching out to me ?

• Posted

The Dr put me on welbutrin xl I have met several woman who take prozac . I just don't want to gain weight if possible!

• Posted

The insomnia from starting an antidepressant should only last a few days. I still have some insomnia and I've been on Prozac for quite a while.

I usually wake up between 5-6 am and need a nap by 11 am. I am fortunate that I work from home so I have the luxury of doing so. No one ever told me that menopause would be so difficult. A friend of mine takes trazadone for sleep and is not addictive. Prayers for you!

Peggy

• Posted

Wow maybe this is a side effect because I have been on it for 2weeks now . I will mention it to my Dr . The for your help!

• Posted

I wander if it would be better than welbutrin xl? I do know a lot of people who take prozac!

• Posted

My experience with Wellbutrin is that it is very stimulating . I find the Prozac to be very calming. The first few days on the Prozac I was very sleepy but it passed very quickly. I would definitely talk to your doctor about it. Insomnia is the worst symptom of all and makes all the other symptoms worse. Keep trying till you find the answer .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.