Anxiety so bad depressed and I can't sleep , just started anti depressant

Posted , 8 users are following.

Anxiety & depression can't sleep no matter how tired I am , just started anti depressant 2 weeks ago ! I hope to get relief soon , this is awful ! I am 43 yrs old I need relief !

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Magnesium oil helps me sleep. Just a drop or two on the bottom of my foot or calf
    • Posted

I take magnesium supplement at times, I will try the oil it would be easier and I have read a lot about that!
  • Posted

Iwas going through the exact same things as you. I will be 41 Sunday and started on 0.5 mg clonazepam to to calm me and ease me to sleep and 0.5 mg of risperidone for the anxiety. They both have really helped me . I hope you find relief soon!
  • Posted

Dear biljana and all you people out there who arrive here for the same reasons: you're scared, you can't sleep, or you can't eat, you're thinking bad stuff. Let me tell you few important things you should focus on:

1- you are not alone! So so so many of us feel the same way.

2- I know it's impossible to imagine but it's true: IT WILL BE BETTER, keep hope!

3- medication and therapy Will Help you, especially if you're like this since more than a month or two.

I know these things from my experience and that of my family. I'm not a professional, I'm just an architect and I am a strong person. But when depression happened, I was so lost and helpless and freaking out. If it weren't for my aunt who's a pharmacist who encouraged me to listen to my doctor and take anti-depression pills (I took cipralex), I don't know what would have happened to me. And I'm seen how much therapy and medicine helped me. Also I discovered it ran in my family. Both my aunts had it, my dad too, my mom too even though she doesn't admit it. I only found out when I got depressed. So PLEASE seek help, it's not bad to go talk to a psychologist who will tell you if you need a psychiatrist or if therapy will be enough. And don't loose hope! I was so stuck when I was depressed, I thought nothing good will happen. But since then, I've had wonderful experiences and I was able to share precious moments with lovely people on this planet. But I needed a bit of help first, a small push to get back on track. You can it, I'm very sure of it, just believe. Just believe and seek help.

• Posted

I am going through this with my husband he's 39 and it's driving me crazy. It's causing stress on our marriage and on me personally. I feel so lost cause he's lost and I can't seem to keep it together.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.