Anxiety still so high

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've been on citalopram for just over 7 weeks now, 5 weeks on 20 and 2 weeks on 30. Mornings are terrible I wake with anxiety and then wretch. All I want to do is stay in bed. I have had some spells of feeling ok, but it doesn't last. Today I feel crippled with the anxiety and just don't know what to do with myself. I wish I could sleep till it's all gone away. Evenings are usually ok and I just don't understand how I can go from that to waking up feeling so terrible. I just can't see any light at the end of the tunnel

0 likes, 77 replies

77 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How is everyone doing??
    • Posted

Hi

Have dropped to 30. Feel a bit better as 40 was too high. Less anxious but very tired. Dropped 4 days ago.

How are you all ?

• Posted

Still up and down but things seem to be improving, it's just when I hit a low I'm not very good at coping with it and it sets me back, saw the doc and she wants me to continue on 30mg and ive been referred for Cbt. I'm glad to hear your less anxious, I bet the tiredness will wear off it's probably due to the change in dosage.

• Posted

Hi ladies, how are you all doing? I'm 5 weeks on citalopram, 3 weeks 10mg and 2 weeks 20mg. What your all describing is like reading about myself! Horrific mornings feeling terribly anxious with retching which seem to improve slightly by the afternoon. I'm 3 weeks off work and have lost a stone and a half. I was on citalopram for 8 years but came off it back in May and wish I hadn't! I never had these side effects the first time I started on cit, and that worries me.

Love to you all xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.