Anxiety, Struggling to Cope. Please Help.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all,

So a couple of months ago i took myself to A&E with what i thought was a heart attack - chest pain and breathlessness, and sheer panic! This happened twice, i was told everything was fine - and have since been diagnosed by my doctor as suffering from anxiety.

This is all very new to me, ive never had it before - and it coming on all of a sudden has frightened me. Since I was diagnosed with anxiety i have had a major case of gastrisis, which thankfully is now on its way out.

Today i have noticed myself getting worked up, and slightly breathless again, I have taken the propanamol which my doctor prescribed (which have been working fine) but today they just dont seem to be working fully, granted im not having a full on panic attack but im frightened inside and feel slightly breathless.

I know its all in my mind, but it feels so real.

Does anyone have any coping strategies for this? Or any ideas as to why this has just started. I was having a stresssful time in my life when it started, so ive put it down to that.

I'm meant to be going abroad on holiday next weekend for a week, and i'm terrified this will happen abroad - so much so, im debating whether or not to even go!

Please someone help, i cant cope feeling like this anymore.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I find some of the relaxation and meditation videos on you tube help me immensely. The ones that get you focused on breathing. And distraction. I play something similar to candy crush and that helps a lot.

Also I try to eat something to level blood sugar. Like a piece of cheese, handful of nuts, piece of fruit. Not anything that has a lot of carbs or sugar. Then I drink a big glass of water. 7 out of 10 times, eating something helps a lot. But it really can't be sugar. Eating candy or sweets make the anxiety worse because it spikes and then drops blood sugar.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.