Anxiety symptoms? ?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Along with the racing heart beat, shakes, constant fear of dying or going crazy does anybody else get a feeling of being detached from their own body and everything around them is unreal?

I cannot explain this very good but when ever I go out I sort of feel trapped in my body I look around and houses seem to be in 2d nothing seems real and then the panic attack hits me.

Does anybody else get this or am I really going crazy

Xx

1 like, 49 replies

49 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I feel like this all the time 2 😞
    • Posted

How do you cope?

Mines getting really bad especially when I go out.

Are you on any meds? X

• Posted

While ive been on my meds ive been bad

I cant walk anywhere at the minute.

I love walks too

But as soon as I think about leaving the house I have an attack

Are you taking anything xx

• Posted

hi ive been exactly the same for a couple of months, been put on citaprolam first week 10 then increase to 20, the side effects so bad couldnt get past 10, really scared to up the dose , just lately dont like to leave home as i think im going faint in public i feel like this as soon as i go out the door, also my anxiety is worse in mornings, but im fine at night, anyone else feel like this?
    • Posted

Yep I havent been out since friday.

Had to phone in sick for work as my anxiety at the moment is sooooo bad when I try to go out.

My anxiety in the morning is bad but at night too.

I really hope I dont get put on 20mg tomorrow xxx

• Posted

lots say 20 mg is the therapeutic dose, but i dont know whether to increase or wean myself off, cos im afraid to get more horrible side effects again, and in the end the med wont work for me,
    • Posted

do you suffer panic attacks when you wake up in the mornings?
    • Posted

Im on citalopram 10mg and have diazepam just incase.

I used to havent had one in the morning for a few months (touch wood)

Im only on day 6 of my meds it has been a rough few days but today and yesterday was okish until I leave the house then im panic city.

Yeah I dont want to go up 20mg I feel im getting used to the 10mg and learning some coping techniques.

How long have you been on your meds?

Xx

• Posted

I'm not on I have been prescribed them but 2 scared to take them xx
    • Posted

What have u been prescribed?

It's gunna b a tough few weeks im only on week 1 and dont know how im going to be tomorrow but its going to be better in the long run thays why I keep taking mine.

Be brave there are plenty of people for support ive learned this the past few days

Im always here to chat xxx

• Posted

I have calmed down in the mornings. But my eyesight is very bad and praying throughout the day helps
    • Posted

I dont go out alone. I am not looking forward to summer as thevasoect of heat scares me. I dyed my hair the other day and just about got through the challenge.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.