Anxiety symptoms? ?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Along with the racing heart beat, shakes, constant fear of dying or going crazy does anybody else get a feeling of being detached from their own body and everything around them is unreal?

I cannot explain this very good but when ever I go out I sort of feel trapped in my body I look around and houses seem to be in 2d nothing seems real and then the panic attack hits me.

Does anybody else get this or am I really going crazy

Xx

1 like, 49 replies

49 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

thinking about it now, mines also worse with the meds, maybe its a side effect of some sort, cos ive read on other posts about people taking citalopram and feeling spaced out.
    • Posted

Yeah the dr did say all my symptoms will get worse before they get better

I can manage the nausea and dry mouth headaches its just my panic attacks I cant stand they have been bad the past few days

I cant even go out at the moment.

Xx

• Posted

yeah im the same, and this spaced out feeling dont help much either, i dont know if its me, the meds, or the anxiety.
    • Posted

I think its the meds I dont always feel spaced out but past 2 days I have.

Even just thinking about going out today has caused a panic attack already this morning xx

• Posted

Hi there, what you are experiencing is called depersonalization and derealization. Despite the feeling, it is very common in anxiety, myself have/still have depersonalization. Once you calm down, it really doesn't bother you like it did me. Just let the feelings do their own thing. Then it doesn't bother you, and easier said than done, am I right? Haha, but your not going crazy there's nothing wrong with you. It is simply your brain protecting itself from harm and damage. If you would like I can send you a link to somewhere specifically for depersonalization. Everyone there has had it, and there areany stories of people getting better, literally THOUSANDS. And i myself am in the stages of getting out of it. Stay strong my friend, let your feet take you where you need to and let your mind follow.
    • Posted

Thank you

I haven't met anyone yet who knows how it feels

When I try to explain they give me a look as if I am crazy!!

Do you take meds?

Yes please I would love to read others stories too

Thank you xx

• Posted

Yes I do take meds, it is 10 mg citrlopram. I will say the two weeks to kick in are the longest of my life, but finally, I feel relief. I may still feel out of my body, or like what I see isn't real, but I know in my heart and mind that it is real and I just need to be patient to recover.

Look up dpselfhelp, that is the place.

• Posted

Thank you

I didnt know how to explain it to my dr yesterday and kept worrying that the citalopram wouldnt help me.

My symptoms are worse but dr said thats normal even the not my body bit.

Thank you I will have a look x

• Posted

do you have it at any specific time of the day or does it just come and go? are you on any meds for it? mine seems to have got worse with the meds i mean it comes on more frequently now, especially after i wake up in the mornings, i also feel a little lightheaded too,
    • Posted

Hi sorry for a late reply, mine tend to come mid day when I'm not doing anything but are usually more present first thing in the morning when I'm barely awake a feel tired still. Its a tough road but it does get better.
  • Posted

YES. I have bad eyesight and also feel that I am having an out of body experience
  • Posted

Hi I'm on Citapram 20 

have been on them for years although I take mine at night otherwise I feel tired during the day

my sister passed away and now I'm having really bad anxiety waking up with it in the middle of the night 

I felt like everything around me wasn't real it was frightening and I had to cuddle and pat my dog to feel as as I was okay.

my doc has given me AURO CITAPRAM does anyone know what the difference is to just Citrapram

im scared to take it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.