ANXIETY SYMPTOMS

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

Ive been having anxiety for a while now like maybe 2 years but i get chest pains and like squeezing sensation and inget pain in my left arms and sometimes my vision gets like foggy like if there is smoke inside my house also sometimes i just get like a sharp pain in my heart is this normal im only 23 years old i feel like if im going too have some type of heart attack or stroke which im really scared of both !!! WHAT ARE YOUR SYMPTOMS ARE THEY SIMILAR PLEASE HELP MEE OUT

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I am not a Dr. But I am a long term sufferer of Anxiety, Health anxiety mostly. I'll tell you this, I get sharp stabbing pains that radiate down my arm if I have trapped gas in my chest (burp) or if I am having acid reflux. I have been to the ER several times. Had lost of tests including very painful, unnessary ones (blood gas) all to be told that chest pain is chest pain. Regardless of what is bothering your chest, it can mimic a heart attack. A heart attack pain is NOT going to go away, it is going to get worse. My vision gets foggy when I'm breathing too much (hyperventilating). Good luck. Tell your Dr your concerns, but it is not at all likely you are 23 and having a heart attack. You are not alone. Much love.
    • Posted

Thanks you have been alot of help with your explanation ive been too several hospital too er and they all have told me everything is fine that its just anxiety i have an MRI too see if i had any blood clot that was horrible worst test ever but ive had xray and eveything comes back just fine i explain too them my comcern and they just smile at me and tell me im too young for a heart attack but hey u never know !! By the way how long have u had anxiety how do u control it for me its soo hard too contro it ?
    • Posted

I have always been a more nervous, scared person, even as a kid. I have "flare ups" as I like to call them. When the anxiety gets so bad, I need a very small mg of medication to help get it under control. Usually I can talk myself out of whatever fear I am having, but in flare ups I obsess on certain symptoms and actually cause more. Right now, I am in a flare up and am taking 25mg daily of Zoloft to help with that. I will take this for about 6 months and taper off. I personally hate taking medication, but it's the only way to knock the obsessive part out. I also get anxiety symptoms, which I never believe Drs when they say it's only anxiety. I most recently spent thousands of dollars and saw two neurologists because I was convinced I had ALS. Granted, I get numbness, tingling, muscle weakness when I am overly stressed, I indeed do NOT have ALS. The medication, as well as opening up and telling others my fears, keeps me away from the ER. Trips like that get expensive.
    • Posted

Hi I am 23 also! I just had my second anxiety attack today ( or what I think is anxiety) I have also had ekg 3xs and chest X-rays and they tell me I'm fine! But it's the scariest thing in the world! But I wanted you to know that reading all these comments was really helping me feel better smile
    • Posted

I heard zoloft those the job real good my mom had it ones cause she was depressed and she said it really works good for her
    • Posted

Hey

I wish u nothing but the best anxiety attacks are really scary i hope u find the way how too get out of it fast cause its really annoying you feel like if your going too die ive heard it could be also cause anxiety because of overweight and stuff like that but im not overweight at all its all in your head thats all mental im in florida are you in the uk ?

• Posted

No I'm in North Carolina. And yeah this time it's lasted a lot longer and still have some symptoms I hate it all I can do is cry breathing makes it worse everything makes it worse
    • Posted

I'm scared to take any meds! Scared of the possible side effects.... Blood clots and things like that! I'm starting to be scared of everything
    • Posted

Yes it happens you started too feel like if u have every thing there is out there i thought i had brain tumor and all cause if google but dont research too muchh it makes it even worse just remember you went too your DR and they told u that u were all fine think positive and dont cry it makes it worse sweetheart πŸ˜•πŸ™
  • Posted

I can so relate to your post. I experience everything you have mentioned. Im only 21 and always think im having a heart attack its the most horrible things ever

Up everynigjt cause im scared to sleep. Also on the phone to nhs 24 everynight. They gave me a number called breathing space.

Instead of phoning nhs phone them they speak u through your symptoms and reassure you that you wint have a heart attack.

Hope this helps and you feel better soonπŸ˜€

• Posted

Hi

Sharon your 21 your about almost my same age what are your symptoms this is just horrible i get head and temple numbness and in like the back of my head i get numbness its just soo bad ive been too the ER so many times my nearest hospital is like they know me which is in florida where are you from ? Are unfrom the UK ive heard the have good medicationd for anxiety and tea and stuff in uk

• Posted

My sypmtoms are horrible. My chest goes all heavy and tight and i get shooting pains near my heart like having a heart attack. Anxiety tends to make you feel likr your dying if you think about it too much, yes im from the uk. Doctors dont really help but there is some really good meds to help!
    • Posted

I also got like sharp shooting pain in my shoulder area that's on and off and sight heaviness in my chest... I think it's starting to feel better!
    • Posted

Yes i got those too u also going too feel like all your left hand hurting numbness in your fingers justbtry not too think about it i kno its hard cause i wake up everymorning praying that indont get those anxiety attacks lol
    • Posted

Yeah it's really bad.... I wish I had people around me that understand.... Everyone usually just kinda has that " oh god what's wrong with you now " reaction towards me and I have no one to talk to about it
    • Posted

If u want ill give you my number and we could text when ever u feel like that cause i get the same answers as you like omg not again like they just dont understand cause they dont feel it or have gone thru it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.