Anxiety Symptoms that NEVER go away!

Posted , 9 users are following.

For the past 8 months I have weird symptoms.

Feeling of brain zap/shock

Inside tremors

Heart pauses I get lightheaded then it starts again (skipping)

Severe dry mouth

Sudden overwhelmed feeling of anxiousness

Having to yawn to get a deep breath or short of breath

Tired

Nauseated

Feeling like ears are stopped up

Dizziness

These can appear at anytime making it hard to plan anything. Driving and public places make it worse.

I take 1/4 of 25mg Ativan when it's bad. Some days I can manage without it, other days I take it every 3-4 hours. I also take a beta blocker. No SSRI as Zoloft made it Much worse, only took once.

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I have a lot of them symptoms too. I was wondering if anyone else ever has experiences of feeling like nothing is real or as if they can't differentiate between whether they are awake or asleep. Or even just being so out of it that you forget what time of day it is?

I also at the current moment in time feel like

I have constant butterflies in my stomach because I'm scared about what's going to happen in the near future.

• Posted

The short answer is, yes indeed!!! Be assured that you are far from the only one experiencing these. If you read a lot of posts as I do, you will see these same things affecting hundreds of people. Hugs
    • Posted

Thank you for your response. I really appreciate it.
    • Posted

You are very welcome, Nick. I guess the moderator didn't like a word I used. So, I will use another word, Bite the monster back. No nasty thing likes to be laughed at and will eventually back off, and then back down. hugs

• Posted

Hey , I call this feeling sur-real. You are anxiety ridden. The meds should make you feel  better. You are on a daily med or meds right. If you are  they are not working, and if your not, then please call your family doctor right away, and stop this madness.
  • Posted

Oh my, these symptoms are so familiar. Yes you have major anxiety. The Ativan is a, I am at my limit pill that works fast. It is not a daily antidepressant. I don't know how one dose of Zoloft can go through you system that fast. You sure it's not your anxiety that's telling you that. There are lots of other meds for you to try. There is one that will work for you. I know about the head zaps,and a bunch of other weird stuff. Been right where you are, but the good thing is that I have been great for years, because of the amazing meds that are now available. When I had anxiety and panic so bad, there were not these meds. I thank god every day for giving me back my life. Please call you doc and try another. Give it a chance. If it doesn't work try another. 

• Posted

I won't lie I have anxiety about anxiety meds. I have a lot of allergies but it made me have the worst panic attack of my life within an hour of taking it. It's hard to start something new because I refuse to do it when I'm home alone and my husband travels then I have a long commute to work and have to be able to manage that. I've considered on treatment just to get medication situated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.