Anxiety? What should I do? Help.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I don't really know where to start; but here it is. I'm 16 yr old and I live in Chester, England. At the moment I am in the PH for my studies, and will soon be heading back home this Saturday. See, I'm quite a shut in. I only have a few people I talk to; and I rarely go outside - I only go out of my ways if it's really important. And here's the problem. I've had this for quite a while now, probably a few months ago? I can't remember. I'd get really panic-ish whenever a class was about to start. Then it grew, kinda; I had panic attacks whenever I saw someone and they jumped in and talked to me. I stutter and I have a hard time processing what they say and it feels like my chest is about to burst open. Same thing would happen whenever I order food or whenever I buy anything, I say it in a jiffy; thinking the cashier is making a joke of me or something. It's downright annoying, no- frustrating. Then after this and that it got worse, even when I'm alone I'd get this panic attacks without any reason. I'd get really down afterwards and I just cry (call me a wimp but yes) Afterwards I'd grab a pencil and sketch to calm myself. It usually occured once a day if I'm alone and a LOT when I'm at school since I have to talk with people there. At the moment this happens almost any time of the day even if I'm alone. Probably at 3-4 a day. I try really hard not to show it specially when I'm with mum. I don't really want her worry, see. But now it's gotten a tad worse. What should I do? Thanks. Cheerio!

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You definitely need to seek help for yourself.  Even starting with your GP.  There are so many good medicines that can change your life for the better.  Don't be so hard on yourself as many of us have similar problems.  Try to find a way to get help soon!  Best to you, Sue
    • Posted

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll definitely try them out - if in any means it could help my predicament.
  • Posted

Hi Erian

I live in North West England too

You have to go to you doctor and perhaps consider some therapy.

This forum is excellent for support

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

Does your school offer therapy or counselling?
    • Posted

They do, but my classes here are already over. Probably won't give services anymore until next semester starts. Actually, I wanted to talk to one before, but I'd get the panic attacks whenever I tried to talk to him. You know, like. He might think my problem is rubbish, that he'll just give me a laugh - thinking I've lost my plot. So I'd just end up procrastinating thinking wether I should go or not.
    • Posted

I think you should give it a shot.

Are there any government services that could help you?

• Posted

I'd actually give it a shot but I just looked at the date and it's already Saturday here. Bloodyyy.

I can't think of any. I'll try and ask a friend once I get back to Blighty.

• Posted

Sounds good.

If you cant wait, could you consider online therapy?

• Posted

Erin if your doctor can refer you to IAPT services

They provide CBT,which basically helps you deal with anxiety but

there is waiting list about 6 months

Take Care x

• Posted

Sure thing! I'd somehow prefer that rather than actual therapy. I'm really awkward talking in person you see.
    • Posted

Well that will surely take donkeys years, but sure I'll try that. Thanks mate!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.