Anxiety? What should I do? Help.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I don't really know where to start; but here it is. I'm 16 yr old and I live in Chester, England. At the moment I am in the PH for my studies, and will soon be heading back home this Saturday. See, I'm quite a shut in. I only have a few people I talk to; and I rarely go outside - I only go out of my ways if it's really important. And here's the problem. I've had this for quite a while now, probably a few months ago? I can't remember. I'd get really panic-ish whenever a class was about to start. Then it grew, kinda; I had panic attacks whenever I saw someone and they jumped in and talked to me. I stutter and I have a hard time processing what they say and it feels like my chest is about to burst open. Same thing would happen whenever I order food or whenever I buy anything, I say it in a jiffy; thinking the cashier is making a joke of me or something. It's downright annoying, no- frustrating. Then after this and that it got worse, even when I'm alone I'd get this panic attacks without any reason. I'd get really down afterwards and I just cry (call me a wimp but yes) Afterwards I'd grab a pencil and sketch to calm myself. It usually occured once a day if I'm alone and a LOT when I'm at school since I have to talk with people there. At the moment this happens almost any time of the day even if I'm alone. Probably at 3-4 a day. I try really hard not to show it specially when I'm with mum. I don't really want her worry, see. But now it's gotten a tad worse. What should I do? Thanks. Cheerio!

0 likes, 20 replies

Report / Delete

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Erian, talk with your mum. I have a daughter and I would be devastated to learn she was going through what you are and not let me know. The question comes in where is your mum truly understands anxiety. Pick stories from the thousands on here that explain how you feel and show them to her, and definitely show her what you wrote. She can support you through it and at your GP. Please, please, please talk with her and a GP.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Erian, talk with your mum. I have a daughter and I would be devastated to learn she was going through what you are and not let me know. The question comes in where is your mum truly understands anxiety. Pick stories from the thousands on here that explain how you feel and show them to her, and definitely show her what you wrote. She can support you through it and at your GP. Please, please, please talk with her and a GP.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up