anxiety when your period should be happening

Posted , 6 users are following.

hello all...hope I have not asked about this before...! I am 50 years old and went into perimenopause back over 10 years ago due to chemotherapy. So at this point I get may 4 periods a yaer if that - It seems like during the times I should have my period I am so anxious it drvies me crazy! The other thing that happens ..I wake up in the morning sometimes and my heart is racing...like I am going into a panic attack before my feet even set foot on the floor. I usually calm down quickly but its so wierd..it does not happen all the time. Just wanted to know if anyone else gets the heightened anxiety and just basically eaisly "nerved" up! I plan to "up" my B vitamins too!  Thanks for any help!

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Lol sorry that didn't come out right. Meant to say there are times my anxiety starts before my feet hit the floor in the mornings
  • Posted

Yes I have dealt with high anxieties and my heart racing in the morning. There are times I need my boyfriend to get my morning medication to help me calm down. This is all part of life. Do you thing the vitb6 could contribute to some anxiousness because my sister did read that b6 can make a person anxious it depends on the person though. 
    • Posted

Hi Susan 

B6 never made me anxious .. That all calmed for me after taking it 

And i take higher amounts too 150mg 

jay x

• Posted

Thanks Susan!! I haven't taken B-6 consistently so I actually should get back on track with it- I actually increase my B-6 foods too which helps. It really seems to be right at the point where a period tries to breakthrough and I dont' get one ..instead I get anxious..ugh..

Thanks so much for your support!!

• Posted

Hi Lisa 

My sister read that if yoy take to much b6 your nerves can be thrown off be careful with how much b 6 you get because you do not want to damage your nervous sytem just be careful

I was a little anxious a few minutes ago. 

Hope you are doing fine today

• Posted

Hi Lisa

I feel the same way. I have been eating a lot of bananas but I do not take vit b6 after what it did to me on the 24th of December. I did have my vit b12 level taken and it came back normal. There are times I feel like my period is going to start but never get one. I don't want to be on HRT to make it start thats not right. If God does not want me to have a period right now I'm just going to have to live with his decision on this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.