Anxiety :- will it ever end??

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, I'm David, I'm 29 and have suffered from panic attacks and anxiety since I can remember.  

I'm a quiet guy who keeps things to himself and treat people with repect.  I got bullied at school because I was quiet. I guess I was the kid everyone liked to make fun of.  

From what I can remember my attacks started when I was around 10-11, I had a virus which caused me to have really back palpitations and I thought I was going to die.   

That ended up with me seeing a doctor in the search for a cure.  CBT happended and I managed to stop my attacks for a period of time.  

Fast forward to the last 18 months and my attacks have come back with vengeance.  So I have gone back to the doctors and they have gave me some tablets (Citalopram) which made me sick, Fluoxetine followed which made my leg tremble and now Mitazapine.  

Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to talk about it smile   

I have my first CBT session tomorrow, guess I will have to open up again and  hope it all helps 

Once again sorry for the long post 

David 

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I put my email address and this is a no no. So I won't do this again.

Go to the library and learn about meditation and yoga techniqes in breathing. They both concentrate on the breathe and teach you how to diagphragmatic breathe, which you probably do already if you practise running. Diaphragmatic breathing brings more oxygen into your body and you will start feeling better.

Think about how you feel after a run. The endorphins are kicking around your body and natural serotonin is released to make you feel so much better.

Keep working on the running and you will feel so much better with all the natural chemical releases inside your body.

Go to the library and pick up some new wave calming music to listen to as you lie down and relax. Empowerement means that you are taking control of your body to help yourself feel better about yourself and soon things will feel calmer and more positive in life.

Good luck David in your research about anxiety and how to heal the symptoms.

• Posted

Righty first things first .....Thank you for all your kind words and support reading this has really made me smile and realise the World is'nt full of bad people after all!!!

Well it's my second appointment tomorrow, which I'm looking forward too smile  just to see what he brings to the table.  

I have started to run which has helped me feel 110% better in my self already even tho I'm only running 1 lap of my 1.5mile track stopping and starting.  

I have been thinking alot these past few days about Anxiety and I have come to this:

Is Anxiety all in the mind? Keep mind busy and Anxiety will pass or not happen? 

Once again thank you all for your kinds word's....  

• Posted

Brilliant, thank you for the post, and for taking the advice, remember you acted on that advice, which is the important thing. And this post will prove to other's in similar situations, how keeping active, helps with our recovery. 20 mins walk, run, jog, swim, or cycle is all we need do.

Well done, truly

• Posted

Hi David,

good luck with your first CBT session tomorrow. As someone who has had CBT in the past i can tell you it helps different people for different reasons. So hope it goes well for you

• Posted

Update for you all

I thought I would update this as its been 2 months now since I first posted!

Well alot has happened over these last couple of months some good and some bad...

I'm still on the meds but only 10mg once a day, I have changed departments at work and I have swapped running for mountain biking. My next plan is to change my diet.

Now on to my anxiety, my attacks still happen but not as bad as they used to be.  In the 2 months I have gone from 3-5 attacks a day to 1 maybe every 2 days so something is working..  Something I have noticed is my attacks seem to only happen around 7pm which is strange.  

I hope all of you are ok and once again thank you for your kind words 

• Posted

That's great news David! glad to hear that things are going better for you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.