Anxiety with mono?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Has anyone else had horrible anxiety and depression with mono? I've had both for years, but never as much as I have since being diagnosed. Anytime I have a new symptom, I relentlessly Google them and end up giving myself anxiety attacks even though I know mono is what's causing them. I've also almost cried several times when I go to eat or go shopping because I used to love eating and going in stores, but now I don't even want to look at food and have no energy for shopping and it's really upsetting. All of the physical and mental stress of this virus is just really bringing me down. I just wanted to if anyone else has these problems and if so, do you know of anything that helps?

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi Ciela

I have had depression and anxiety most of my life also, and at 16 i was first diagnosed with glandular fever and im 22 now and am into my 2nd week of my 3rd batch of it, with this current bout of glandular fever my anxiety is extremely heightened to the point that im questioning whether or not its in my head. as to fighting anxiety while exhausted. i recommend finding something you can do in bed that keeps your mind busy.

• Posted

i know too well how that feels .. youre wired but tired. its a horrible feeling ... i hate it. the best thing is to try to keep busy but when you're feeling so sick this is hard to do . yes phone and tv can be tour best friend suring these difficult times .

• Posted

Hi Jordy,

Oh goodness what an awful time you've been through by the sounds of it, I'm so sorry to hear that you have been hit with this awful virus three times. I do hope that things settle down soon, with it being a reactivation I'm hoping that it is in no way as bad as the first or second time. Yes definitely good advice to try and keep your mind active even if only for part of the day, I know it's much easier said than done when feeling so unwell.

Vitamins and herbs made a big difference when I had the virus Jordy - a good strong multi-vitamin per day, a B complex vitamin per day (great for nervous system and energy levels), higher doses of Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day) and immune boosting herbs like siberian ginseng, echinacea and oregano.

Hang in there Jordy and remember you will get better from this and get to a stage where you don't keep having these bouts. Thinking about you and hang in there - trusting God with your recovery.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.