Anxiety wont subside (too much adrenaline in stomach)

Posted , 20 users are following.

Hello all, i've just signed up to the site as i'm currently enduring a prolonged state of anxiety and i'm feeling terrible like i'm about to break down. I'm hoping someone can help me understand whats going on.

I'm getting a huge surge of adrenaline rising from my stomach to my solar plexis area. It is unbearable and has resulted in me collapsing in an anxiety attack twice this last week. It feels hot when it happens. Usually my anxiety subsides after a few days but I must subconsciously be keeping it around by worrying. This is my best description of it, but I could be wrong. I don't have a fact sheet confirming it is adrenaline.

Has anyone sufferred similar feelings. How did you get it to subside?

Thanks for any help

Neil

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi neil, 

I suffer from bad anxiety and take pregabalin 150mg morning and night.  This has worked wonders for me.  It stopped that feeling you get in your stomach.  I also take 40 mg of propanol morning and night.  Ask your doctor about the pregabalin.  It gets good results if you google infor on it for aniety.

• Posted

Hi have you had any tests at all I urge anyone that has severe anxiety and adrenalin surges to request a 24 hour urine test to mess levals of adrenalin. The reason being is that there are health conditions that can be involved if the urine test shows high levals of adrenalin this is usualy the case.

I had the same symptoms and it was going on for years I was fed up of being constant told that my symptoms were anxiety all the time then I developed high blood pressure as well so they tested my urine for over production of hormones and found my adrenalin levals were twicethe limit of what they should be which causes severe anxiety but at the same time people think that will make you alert and high in mood when actualy it has the opposite effect and causes tiredness and constantly drained feelings. After the tests they realised I had what is known as a phemochromacytoma which is a hormone producing tumor on the adrenal gland.

I had this removed and I had no anxiety symptoms for a long time untill recently 8 years later they have returned and it's constant stay of high anxiety I am so tierd from it they have re tested my urine and found now that there is actualy a second tumor.

It's very rare condition so gp dosent always consider it or think to test for it but extremely anxiety is a symptom of diffrent adrenal issues so worth checking if they do find something that can be treated so that you are anxiety free and can actually enjoy life again as I don't know about yours but I feel that it controll my life so much and makes me realy Un happy

• Posted

I just want to ask everybody suffering from

too much adrenaline if they knew about, or tested for something called a pheochromacytoma ?

It's a tumor on the adrenal gland!

Which can create too much adrenaline.

The test for it is a 24 hour urine test.

Also there is a blood test as well.

I am afraid I may have this problem, and soon hope to rule this out!

Please post if you have done the test, and what the results are.

God Bless!

Donny_Dallas

• Posted

high donny I have metatastic pheochromacytoma my first pheo was 2010 reocurance testing started in 2017.

there are several tests for pheo 24 hour urine for catecholamines and the plasma free metanephrines blood test (this must be put on ice and in a lab withing 40 minuets). there is also Chromogranin A (only helpful if it's high low or normal dosent rule it out) VMH, 5-HIAA, chlondine suppression test 3-methoxytyramine and also 8am cortisol.

when scanning for pheo needs to be a full eyes to thighs scan not just abdomen because pheo is adrenal but there is another tumor called a paraganglioma which is the same as pheo and can be functional the same as pheo but location is diffrent. have a look at the pheo/para allience website for info and there are face book groups if your on facebook

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.