Anxiety worse is this all normal

Posted , 18 users are following.

i have just been put back on 10mg of citalopram and i am now on day 15 and the side effects are unbearable! i do remember it been pretty dreadful the last time too as i kept a journal of the experience but this time round i actually feel like im losing my mind, anxiety is so bad it is impossible for me to keep still, my heart thuds really hard, not racing as on Propanalol for that, i wake up with a feeling of dread and doom and see no end to it, the only way i can describe it is i feel like im losing my sanity as i feel petrified every minute of every day, just reaching out for any advice or help ive come this far dont wanna stop but its getting too much, 1st ever time posting on any forum, thanks

0 likes, 73 replies

73 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Nicola, I feel your pain, it can been really tricky at the beginning and I felt the same as you. it's just the medication settling into your system, normally after two weeks the side effects go for me although this is my fourth time on them and it's taking a bit longer. the restlessness settled after about 2 to 3 weeks. although I'm only 4 weeks in on my new dose I can see subtle changes that are positive. I got some promethazine (antihistamine from the gp) whi h helps with sleep. hope it eases soon xxx

• Posted

Hi Lisa, i was wondering how you are do as im exactly the same. normally im back on track after two weeks but this is also my fourth time on them and it's stressing me out how long it's taking for them to work. the doctor has given the mirtazapine and told me to change over but not sure whether to hold out of not.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.