Anxious again!

Posted , 12 users are following.

Been on Sertraline a little over 6 weeks now the last 3 days have been horrible anxiety wise for no real reason feel pretty fed up as i feel like im right bk to square one and thought i was over the worst of the anxiety can anyone relate to this?

1 like, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Sue,

I will be 8 weeks tomorrow and I've had a bad couple of days too.

I also thought I was over the worst, generally feeling about 60% better but anxiety and my mood has been awful the past 2 days. I hope this is just a blip because although I wasn't feeling 100% was definitely feeling positive about my progress.

What mg are you on?

I have the doctor tomorrow so probably going to increase.

Keep strong ? xx

• Posted

Yes i was 50% better and now i feel like 0% again 😞 im only on 50mg and iv got docs in a couple of weeks so im expecting an increase glad im not the only one that has had a dip 💜💜 

• Posted

I'm similar, also just over 6 weeks, & I seem to have a reasonable day followed by a bad one. I can tell the minute I wake up it's going to be nasty. We're all in it together, let's keep strong.

• Posted

Yep im with you on that im the same i can tell when i wake up how its gonna be! Are you on 50mg too? X
    • Posted

I'm on 50 mg too, really feel like a slight increase would beneficial but also so worried about the side effects, they were just awful for the 1st 4/5 weeks. Xx

• Posted

Yep i agree im thinking 75mg? I certainly dont want to go straight to 100mg i was the same with the side effects absolutely brutal xxx
    • Posted

I am on 50mg, yes. It took quite a while to get to that, as the anxiety was bad enough on 25mg, & I tried a couple of times to get to 50mg, but was beaten back, till I finally managed it, albeit with the help of some anti anxiety meds.

• Posted

Hi Sue,

I'm just out of the doctor and she has recommended that I stay on 50mg for a bit longer. She thinks that because I have had some improvement I might just need to give it more time ....

She advised to wait 2 weeks and if I still feel the same then to increase to 75 x

• Posted

Hi Paula thank you so much for sharing that ☺ im thinking if youd had no improvement at all they would have put you up today i might be the same then. In another 2weeks does that make 10 weeks for you? Xx
    • Posted

Yeah in 2 weeks that will be me at 10 weeks. She thinks because I've started CBT too that it's a positive step forward. Are you having any therapy?

How are you feeling today, still as bad? X

• Posted

Yes im having counselling had 2 sessions now iv been many times to the same person but its still hard work! Picked up a bit today felt rubbish first thing but thats pretty standard but after an hr or 2 im not too bad ☺ xx
  • Posted

Hi

Im on 150 mg. And last few weeks for me have been quite bad. Iv been on setraline 3 yrs. And sometimes feel back to my old self. Then just out of nowhere bang it's back again. I hate this horrible illness, but do have more good than bad days. Doc is want me to go to 200mg. But the dreams I get are really bad. And I'm constantly eating junk.

• Posted

Hi Maureen, have you ever experienced your side effects worsening when dosage increased? I went from 75mg to 100mg in the last three weeks and now I feel very tired. I’ve been usin setraline for about 6 months total. Figured my body would be adjusted to it now. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.