Anxious this morning

Posted , 6 users are following.

After spending 2 weeks doing virtually nothing suffering from awful side effects of the ADs yesterday was a bit better day i managed to do a couple of bits that id consider normal ie walked to the shop washed my hair had a normal conversation however this morning i feel quite anxious that iv done normal stuff when really i should be feeling quite pleased has anyone else felt like this x

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes all the time some days I have no motivation but then one day I’ll do things and think wow I done that but feel so anxious about it I don’t know why I get like that I guess it’s the anxiety it’s crazy how it affects your life on a daily basis x
    • Posted

Madness isnt it still its good to know its not just me! Im starting to think my depression hasnt lifted enough to celebrate the good bits xx
  • Posted

Hi. It's good that you have been able to do normal things. 2 weeks is still very early and although the side effects will start to go it will still be a while before you can feel the full benefits of the meds. I know how you feel though. I used to be fine doing normal things then think to myself oooh you aren't feeling anxious or you haven't felt panicky then you start feeling that way. It's all normal. We need to retrain the way our brains react to things. I've been on my Ads for nearly 2 months and although I'm doing much better I have had a real blip this morning. I'm starting group therapysoon and I also would like some CBT therapy. Is this something you have discussed with your Dr??. Hope this helps x

• Posted

How weird is it that i should feel anxious about feeling better! I dont have many emotions right now and it seems like Anxiety is the only one my brain knows! And im the same didnt have a problem doing the normal stuff at the time it was afterwards that i got anxious 😮 last night i slept for 6 hours woke up anxious because i thought well thats not normal simply because it hasnt been. Iv had counselling over the years but for my depression not Anxiety and yes im started CBT in the next couple of weeks i try to give myself little pep talks but this is a new feeling and im not quite sure what to say haha xx

• Posted

How it effects us changes. The anxiety I personally find harder than the depression but everyone is different. I think for me therapy will.be too as it will help me to control the feelings when they come along. I do find talking about it really helps and this forum has been a lifesaver!! X

• Posted

I totally agree that the anxiety is harder than the depression,what im finding hard right now is i dont know what im anxious about this is why im looking forward to seeing my therapist we between us can usually work out whats happening then i can work on it im quite good at that but i need to know whats going on first if that makes sense xx
    • Posted

Totally makes sense. I'm not anxious about anything in particular either. I suffer with stress related IBS too so when one starts the other one is right behind then it's a vicious circle. I'm hoping therapy will help. Take care x

• Posted

Thanks. Off to work later and that usually helps. I like the routine of things. IBS and anxiety seem to come as a package with me . I have just got myself a weighted blanket....Google it if you have never heard of it. Supposed to help with anxiety and insomnia. I'll let you know how it goes x

• Posted

Yes iv heard of them thought about it myself 😊 be good to hear if it works for you, yes i like routine too not that i really have any right now but i dont like change xx

• Posted

I think when we feel like this and we don't have control or routine it messes with us x

• Posted

Oh absolutely! My anxiety at it's worst was an endless source of new things to fear. Even good things. Even a fleeting sensation of joy could send me into a spin. It's absurd that we are so finely tuned to potential threats that a new sensation is interpreted as a sure sign that something is wrong. But the trick is not to let the negative voice win, because you deserve to feel good after the kicking that ADs can give you.

• Posted

Just plain crazy isnt it that we can be anxious about good things! I think thats all my brain is programmed to do right now so it reacts to everything anxiously xx
    • Posted

Yes, it comes from low self-esteem. A part of my brain must be ever vigilant, or something bad will happen while I'm 'self indulgently' feeling good. I believe the experts call it catastrophising. A dark sense of humour and laughing (sometimes hysterically) at myself helps. cheesygrin

• Posted

Ahh right i didnt know that about the self esteem obvs i dont have any of that either i had a conversation with my partner last night and without intentionally doing it something he said really hurt my feelings and then all night my anxiety was through the roof, connection i wonder?? X
    • Posted

I think there is a connection (generally speaking). People that are highly sensitive to criticism (and also highly anxious) don't have a high opinion of themselves. Criticism tends to reinforce their belief that they're not good enough. Or a remark that others might brush off becomes a preoccupation. If you don't believe that you're good enough, then you tend to filter out praise, and criticism is like confirmation of your fears. And when your worst fears (low opinion of yourself) are confirmed, then people get anxious that no-one will want to stick by them because they're not perfect. I might be reading too much into your situation, but I learned this in counselling.

• Posted

Yep all of the above is me! Cant take compliments, criticism makes me self doubt myself and it makes me angry feeling that im not good enough deffo and also not believing ppl when they say something good about me iv had counselling over the years but have mostly worked on my depression not anxiety its something im looking forward to working on xx
    • Posted

This is so true.  Its exactly what i do.  Counselling at cbt hasnt helped me as these feelings are very entrenched in my being.  I cant seem to,shift them, its as if i was born with them and they wont go away which makes it difficult for the therapist.  Dont know how to get past these feelings:

highly sensitive

highly anxious

cant take criticism

not good enough

everyone else has a better life than me

low self esteem

no confidence

the end product has been anxiety based depression, so far treatment resistant.

must be something out there works for me.

• Posted

It's a really tough habit to break. I'm better than I used to be and I can now recognise when I'm doing it. In CBT you'll learn about core self beliefs, which one's are healthy, which one's are toxic. Accepting your flaws is vital, easier said than done though, because it means trusting that people won't reject you. Low self esteem is typically learnt in childhood. Kids don't understand why bad things happen (like being bullied), so they blame themselves. It's a form of self protection, you're always monitoring yourself to see if you're good enough, but it becomes a trap. 

• Posted

Hi Ann,

It's really hard to deal with, and like I said in another reply, low self esteem typically develops to protect you from rejection, that's what makes it almost literally take root in the brain. How long have you been receiving counselling?

The thing that makes mental/emotional issues so arduous to recover from is that you have to actively repair something that developed to help you cope, it's a big part of you, but it isn't entirely you. CBT can take a while, the key is not to lose hope or berate yourself. The fact that you have this is not proof that you're a failure/idiot/loser or whatever your negative inner voice loves to tell you. If you've been thinking this way for a long time it's hard to change. In regards to making comparisons with other people, that's not fair to yourself, because you often only see the good/happy/successful side of people. We don't always know how people feel, don't forget many people struggle with low self esteem while their lives seem perfect on the outside. Someone might look at you and compare themselves unfavourably with you. Don't lose hope!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.