Anxious this morning

Posted , 6 users are following.

After spending 2 weeks doing virtually nothing suffering from awful side effects of the ADs yesterday was a bit better day i managed to do a couple of bits that id consider normal ie walked to the shop washed my hair had a normal conversation however this morning i feel quite anxious that iv done normal stuff when really i should be feeling quite pleased has anyone else felt like this x

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Sue

You need to give yor medications time to work, given time over the next three weeks yo will hopefully start feeling a little better. Sad to say there are no quick cures here you just need to have patience.

BOB

• Posted

Hi Bob thank you yes i know its early days yet i just think its so weird feeling anxious over feeling better so many strange things going on in my head its hard to keep up! 
    • Posted

Sue

Try and compartalise your fears and concerns and move on until you feel able to address those problems you have. In that way you wil be able to address each problem in small bites. This will encourage you to move on as your problems become less You need to gain some form of encouragement and confidence to move on

All the best

BOB

• Posted

You are fortunate that you have managed to find some normality.  I am full of anxiety, cannot get it down no matter what i try.

what are you taking which has helped you get a little window?  Everything i try has made me worse so far.  

I have been seeing psych for over a year and i dont think he has got it right yet.

• Posted

Well since Oct iv been the same constant red alert then in Dec the depression hit and it wasnt good up with the anxiety down with the depression hard work i take Sertraline 50mg and Propranolol for the anxiety only been on them for 2 weeks still early days but my anxiety is still lurking in the background x
    • Posted

Sertraline is the gold standard according to my dr. So hopefully after a few weeks you will feel better.  Lots of people find it helpful, its just a pity it takes so long to get into your system.

keep posting and see if you begin to feel a bit better.

• Posted

It does yes but as my doctor said to me when you've hit rock bottom it takes time to get back up and i know hes right im just being too hard on myself! Do you have medication for your anxiety as it sounds like you're having a really bad time too xx

• Posted

Yes, theyve tried me on several anti deps but none have helped.  I am currently tapering off mirtazapine as instructed by psych, he says i only have anxiety not depression, im not somsure, hes new and has only seen me three times.  Old psych gave me diazepam for the anxiety, now i take 5mg at night and 2mg in day but the lowering of the mirtaz is causing extra anxiety and imthinkmthats why i am not good.  Have asked to see psych soon but no appts.
  • Posted

You sound like me.  

What are yountaking to help as i have difficulties with the meds.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.