Any advice?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I'm 22 years old and I have been suffering with pancreatitis since being little. I Have been diagnosed with all sorts of things and wasn't until I was 17 and had a biopsy that I had my 1st major attack and ended up in ICU for 2 weeks they diagnosed with pancreatitis from a birth defect. I have undergone ERCP's and nothing has helped! I have been hospitalised numerous of times where illnesses such as a cold have started an attack. Im unsure of what else can help or prevent the pain that I suffer on pretty much a daily basis. If anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated. Thanks

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Liquorice, you can get liquorice juice sticks, they help me when I get pancreatitis attacks.
    • Posted

Not the candy variety, try a health food shop.
  • Posted

To go by what all you've been through, one expects that you've been diagnosed with one thing or another, and/or possibly more than one thing.

That doctor in charge of your comprehensive care needs, would be expected to have obtained the limits of all possible entities causing your symptoms. That you remain symptomatic, one supposes that further consultations/diagnostic procedures are in the works, unless the diagnosis has been confirmed, but that your symptomatology has yet to be brought under control.

"What can be done" is a question that cannot arise, until at the very least a Provisional Diagnosis has been developed.

''What" comes before "what can be done?", and often times the Physician in charge needs be confronted with this question. Not much help this is, but it's the place to start.

The foregoing info may be facile in light of what in fact is already known/or is clear---for the record.

Harry.

• Posted

Kieram I am sorry to hear of your problem. If you are still getting pain your pancreas is still functioning. The only advice I can give is to stick a low fat diet, avoid caffeine, strictly no alcohol and cigarettes, and if you start feeling better, try and do some exercise. Do not each large quantity of food at a one take. Instead spread your meals to several small take in one day. The objective is to allowa your pancreas to rest and and not releasing a lot of enzymes which is causing you pain and estroying your pancreas.

It requires self control and discipline to follow this kind of lifestyle, but if you love yourself, please do it.

• Posted

Thanks all for the advise it is much appreciated as I don't know anyone else that suffers with this. I'm currently doing gluten , wheat and diary free which is making little impact. Hopefully after waiting over 6 months to see my consultant they will have some news next month!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.