Any help for sleep probs

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am so tired all the time,I get to sleep ok but then wake at 2 or 3 in the morning and cant get back to sleep and so feel exhausted all day.Have tried a few herbal remedies from the chemist but no luck--has anyone found anything that works for this?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Trac, magnesium may help, have you tried? Or SleepAid,  that is over the counter, but for both it would be better you talked to your doctor :S. Xx
    • Posted

Thankyou --will try magnesium --havent tried sleepaid but have tried others from chemist which were waste of money --the dr said anti depressants might help--not keen on that as dont think depressed just need some sleep!
    • Posted

I do not know why they keep pushing antidepressants on women?! Epson salt is great and you know what worked wonders for me in a phase I was having trouble? A boring book, haha. Every time I started reading that, I would sleep in minutes, lol. Hugs
  • Posted

Hi

I so sympathise. My sleep has been distrupted for weeks.

I am trying magnesium and Epsom salt bath and lavender oil in burner. I have stomach proplems so rub castor oil on tummy with cling film and hot water bottle!

I resorted to meds for stomach last night which I think knocked me out too but I'm not keen on meds.

I do yoga too but sometimes I'm just awake and that's that

Good luck and see doc too

• Posted

Hi --am going to try magnesium --epsom salts is great idea,i will try this too.Im also not keen on meds but so need a better night sleep soon. Thanks
  • Posted

You could try sominex which is over the counter
    • Posted

I tried sominex an I woke up with a banging head, I didn't like them but that was me
  • Posted

Oh I know how that feels! I am starting to get better sleeps now I have been taking Magnesium supplement and Menopace original for about a week now. It's not terribly expensive as some of these supplements can be and three for two in Boots! Worth a try for you? x
    • Posted

Thanks for reply-magnesium seems to be popular --will get some today
  • Posted

Hi trac, I am going thru the perimenopause an have been having trouble sleeping, it was advised that I try taking magnesium an hour b4 bed in powder form as a drink or tablet.i brought some an have for the last 2 nights I have slept better.the magnesium is meant to relax ur muscles an body to help you sleep.some people have advised taking one during the day and at night.its early days but I'll keep taking them.i definitely felt more relaxed in bed.give it a go
    • Posted

Great to know that you feel magnesium is helping--cant wait to try it --thanks
  • Posted

Hi, I too have had sleep problems and I decided to try something I did when I was suffering from a lot of pain 18 months ago: hypnotherapy. It helped a lot with the pain so why not with sleep?. A lot of people on the net have had succes with hypnotism for insomnia (but I can't find anyone menopausal who's tried it) so why not? it's not a drug which I'm against, too many nasty side effects. 
    • Posted

Hi --thats another great idea and def worth trying -sleepless nights are so bad arent they --thanks
  • Posted

Trac, I had exactly the same issue with sleep.  I also highly recommend magnesium -- I use the powder form you mix with water that tastes like raspberries and lemon.  It's the only thing that's helped me sleep-wise, and I've tried everything!
    • Posted

Thanks another positive remark for magnesium --will def look for the powder one too to try --ive tried so many over counter things too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.