Any help for sleep probs

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am so tired all the time,I get to sleep ok but then wake at 2 or 3 in the morning and cant get back to sleep and so feel exhausted all day.Have tried a few herbal remedies from the chemist but no luck--has anyone found anything that works for this?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have that problem a lot also. Fall asleep, wake up couple hrs later, toss and turn. Hard to get back to sleep, only to wake up again. I have been taking 200mg of Magnesium before going to bed. Also, was at the Farmer's Market here in Southern California last week and bought a bag of Jujubes from an Asian woman. I had looked them up and was reading about their health benefits. They are suppose to be good for calming anxiety and for restful sleep. I made a tea out of them, quite tasty actually. I have been drinking it with my dinner, iced or hot. While I still wake up, I've been able to fall back asleep rather quickly as compared to the tossing and turningĀ I had been experiencing before and feel much more rested in the morning.

Jujubes are known as Chinese date or by other names. I bought a bag of dried ones and put them in crock pot with water, cinnamon sticks, and ginger root and cooked all night long. Only been trying for about a week, but am more pleased with my sleep šŸ˜“

blessings,

Mary

• Posted

Hi Mary

Havent heard of these but am up for trying anything --so glad you are having better sleep --a lack of sleep makes life look grey ! Thanks for your reply

• Posted

Hi I have read that if you wake up in the night around 3 it could be a drop in sugar levels and your adrenilin kicks in and wakes you.They recon if you have 1/2 rye or oat cake it will keep your sugar levels raised till the morning.

Worth ago x

• Posted

Hi --havent heard this before and yeh im up for trying anything --thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.