Any Ideas For Weight Loss I'm Desperate and Down!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Iv been told today by my Gp today that im not allowed to go on Orlistat because my BMI is only 26 and it has to be 30 or over...Is this correct or is he just fobbing me off?? He also said that my weight is not that bad and that i should not be worrying about it!!

Thats ok for him to say but its me it affects,me that it gets down so much!!

I am hoping there is something else out there that can just aid me to shift these unwanted extra pounds!!

Im 6ft and weigh 13 and half stone although tonight when he weighed me i had lost 5 pounds so now go 13,2!! Iv no idea why that weight has come off i can only put it down to stress!!

Im really desperate to loose weight but do find it difficult for many reasons.....firstly i have PCOS so obviously this makes it incredibly difficult to shift the weight!!

I also have extremly poor mobility since my accident and walk with crutches, so any kind of exercise is NON EXISTENT!! Even when walking,because i go so slow it will have no impact on my weight!!

Also because i have a BAD relationship with food,which im sure most can realate too. I missuse it in times of comfort when im down. IM having therapy for a number of reasons 1 of them being to help with my relationship with food!!

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what else there may be out there for me?? If you do i would be SO GRATEFULL if you could tell me.

Thanks guys...im off now to stuff my face on 50 CREAM CAKES, 100 PACKET OF WOTSITS....PRAWN COCKTAIL FLAVOUR and an APPLE!! :cry:

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Annmarie..

I think ur quite right to stop the tabs if ur getting the side effects ur mentioning.

I guess like any other medication, it affects folk differently.

Good Luck at the docs chick... smile

• Posted

Hi Dawn thank you for your words of support and kindness...my heart goes out to you about feeling alone and having no support.

You are right about me i am extremly lucky as i have wonderfull family and friends inparticular my husband,children and best friend....without them i am NOTHING!!

I know i dont know you and i know its not the same as having a partner or husband but i am here for you anytime if you ever needed anybody.

I would be honoured to be able to help and support you particularly threw something that is close to my heart...and which i totally understand how hard it is to do.

All the people on here will be able to relate to what you are saying...and although some of us have more support then others i am sure i can speak for everyone when i say that WE ARE ALL HERE FOR YOU AND YOU ARE NOT ALONE WE ARE ALL YOUR FRIENDS.

Sometimes in life having support from..in a sense...COMPLETE STRANGERS can help more and be easier to listen to and take advice from then when it is someone wtihin our own circles.

You too sound a lovely genuine person who im sure with willpower and determination will be able to succeed and conquer whatever you want.

We know we will have our bad days Dawn and they really are BAD i know those days only too well,but in saying that if we can overcome those bad times and learn from them then surely we will move on to something positive!!

Life is never easy...LOOSING WEIGHT AND MAINTAINING IT is bloody hard...but whats harder is LOOSING OUR NEGATIVE ATTITUDES about ourselves and just realising how TRUELY BLESSED in life we are.

I know we know we are blessed with our children all parents are but then thats where it ends and the NEGATIVE thoughts start.

Im sure if we could concentrate on something other then our weight it would soon drop off without us even realising...but i know how hard being like that is because i am one of those people who are NEGATIVE about themselves.

Im not pretending to have all the answers but what i do have is alot of time for people who need it,i have alot of care and love that i will share with anyone,i have a big heart and very comfortable shoulders that are here anytime you would like to cry on them.

You are NOT ALONE dawn we are all here and you WILL get through these times,these hard times you see no end to. There is an end my love we will all fine it one day,we just need to keep on the journey were on and BELIVE. BELIVE in ourselves,BELIVE we are worth something,BELIVE good things can happen for us... and they WILL.

So ANYTIME Dawn you want to chat just say on here or private message me and i will always be at the other end for you. Keep smiling and remembering YOU ARE A GORGEOUS MUM A GORGEOUS HUMAN BEING AND YOU DESERVE TO BE HAPPY!! Take care lots of love Jaimie x x x x

Ps that goes for EVERYONE on here im always here anytime and you all deserve to be happy!! x x x

Also thanks Kj sorry it did not get to you i dont know what iv done with that then Ha!! I remember you offering to chat private on a reply you sent when i messaged you on you post about JUMPING ON THE BAND WAGON. Il try again but also talk on here as i dont know where my messages are ending up!! :?

• Posted

Hi Annmarie. Sorry to hear things are not going good for you regards your pills...but obviously the same can not be said for your love life which i say YOU GO GIRL and enjoy yourself!!

I was not allowed orlistat i asked the other day but because im 6ft weigh 13,2 and have a BMI of 26 my doc would not allow it!! Although after reading your post im kinda glad now!!

Thats the thing that frustrates me and hurts so much....society labels us bigger folk as FAT AND LAZY...which we are SOOOOOOO NOT!!

The image portrayed of a larger person is us STUFFING OUR FACES WITH PIES AND CAKES!!

It is so unfair and a disgusting attitude to have!!

People have weight issues for many different reasons and not just because we SIT IN FRONT OF THE TV ALL DAY MUNCHING ON CRAP!!

Most of us are very active and lead good lives. Sadly people do not want to acknowledge or belive that side of things.

Also it is a FACT that men love women who are REAL women. Who are not affraid of being seen eating,and who have something to get hold of!!

Now im not knocking nor judging women who are thin,skinny,etc as that would make me just as shallow and pathetic as people who judge us.

What i am merely saying is in life we are NOT GROSS,LAZY, DISGUSTING, DIRTY, FAT SLOBS...WE ARE GORGEOUS, SEXY ,ACTIVE, BURNING HUNKS OF LOVE!! :lol:

We have wants and needs the same as everyone else we also have feelings that are often hurt because of small minded idiots!!

Ok im not active now like i use to be before my accident,but i use to go to the gym,walk,swim,go out dancing,run around after my 2 beautifull children,do lots of things in life and yes that has changed emmensely now i use crutches as my mobility is so poor but il still try and do what i can and do not use my disability as an excuse to be lazy!!

My weight has gone on alot since injurying my spine and i also have PCOS to contend with but again that is never seen and all i am is a FAT SLOB TRYING TO MAKE EXCUSES FOR THE SIZE OF ME!!

We see more and more nowadays about women in magazines being touched up electronically....GEEZ that doesnt sound too good does it the way iv written that.HA! you know what i mean though!!

They are always trying to find that perfect look and it DOES NOT EXIST!!

Nothing or no one in life is perfect...and never will be. We are what we are and have to make the most and best of what we have!!

Although i should practice what i preach...i never do though as i HATE MYSELF AND HATE MY BODY!!

That aside though you should be proud of yourself Annmarie. You are obviously a fit women and not just physically judging by the men you pull.

You are certainly NOT hopeless...and although these pills have not worked for you that does not mean that something else wont.

Im not stupid enough to belive that society will really ever change over attitudes towards larger people...which is sad...as we are NOT BAD PEOPLE...and if others would just take the time to get their heads out of their arses they would realise that!!

Anyway its there loss...i have an AMAZING husband who adores me the way i am and the fact im built for COMFORT instead of SPEED!!

And like you even though married im NEVER short of attention and infact have always pulled more then any of my slim friends when i was single!!

BIG BEAUTIFULL WOMEN RULE!! in the eyes of many...just sadly never in our own eyes...which i wish we could change...maybe 1 day ay!!

I wish you lots of luck with your attempts at finding something that does work for you...if you ever want to chat im here anytime.

Take care best wishes Jaimie x x x :D

• Posted

aww thankyou so much jamie for ur message full of kind words and support thankyouxxxxx
  • Posted

Sounds like your one of the very unlucky ones sad

Hopefully you'll find something that suits you soon.

Good Luck :D

• Posted

Those side effects sound awful. It mustn't be right for you.

Good luck finding an alternative. Go see your doc again

KJ

PS Jaimie your post may not have got to me as I thought i had registered but it still shows me as a guest on here. I will try again

• Posted

Hi Dawn. How are you doing?? How are things with the pills have you found an alternative?? I hope your feeling a bit better now my love!!

Also HELLO to everyone...how are you all?? Hopw your all well.. smile

Love and best wishes Jaimie x x x x x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.