Any of you have a Monofocal and Symfony IOL on one eye each?

Posted , 15 users are following.

Do any of you have a monofocal IOL and a symfony IOL each on one eye?

Are you able to see a big difference between the two?  like when you close one eye or the other

Do they both work will together binocularly?  Does it cancel each other's weaknesses and bring out each of their strengths?

Did you wish you could have just gone with one type of IOL for both eyes? Which of the two would you rather have?

2 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Coppp,

Regarding the interaction between eyes,

Following up at 6 weeks after Symfony placed in non-dominant Right Eye:

I realized after a while that my dominant Left Eye (with standard IOL) was "doing way too much of the work". I checked one eye vs the other and found that the Symfony eye wasn't focusing well at about 6 feet or more, which isn't the expected result.

So I have started occasionally using an eye patch (found at the drug store eye section) over my dominant Left Eye for an hour or two, to exercise my right eye. When I do this, the right eye automatically starts to work better, focusing better at all ranges. It's as if the brain got in the habit of using the dominant Left Eye for distance for so long (4 months between surgeries), that the Right Eye was relegated to near and intermediate vision, instead of choosing between ALL of those rings (that we see when night driving) which are supposed to give good vision at all ranges.

Expecting the brain will catch on after a while so I won't need to remind it anymore.:)

• Posted

Hi Copp

How is your symfony eye doing now? Has it adjusted well and are they both working together?

• Posted

Hi Coppp

I bought the glasses from Amazon.

It is Soxick HD vision antiglare night vision glasses.

It reduces the glare and the headlights don't seem so bright.

J01693.

• Posted

Are those the type that go over your prescription glasses?

• Posted

Do these actually tame down halos and starbursts too?

• Posted

I have monofocal IOL in left eye and symphony lens in the right eye and the combination itself has tamed down a little bit , the halos and starbursts in my eye with the symphony lens.The HD night vision glasses have golden yellow tinge to it ,it tones down the brightness of the starbursts and halos .I am able to tolerate the starbursts in my symphony eye.

So I have decided to keep the symphony lens and not go for an exchange.

J01693

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.