Any one else fall on their foot after having a bunionectomy 5 days ago?

Posted , 14 users are following.

hi i had a bunionectomy on my right foot last friday and it is wednesday night now ..about 5 days later. the first day after surgery was brutal. ive followed the drs instructions to elevate and ice consistently. i want to add that i was given a surgical boot to keep on and an appt to see my surgeon exactly 1 week post op.

over the past several days ive felt my foot healing as far as pain goes, the pain wednesday morning had subsided and i didnt feel the need to use my pain meds any more...however about 2 hours ago i lost balance on my crutches and i completely stepped on my right foot (with boot) with all my weight about 2 times rather quickly before my bf caught me... luckily he was near by.

my foot now feels numb and i cant really feel much around where the sutures are i can still feel my other toes though.

im worried that i might have moved the bones around because i know the dr put a screw in to keep it in place and im paranoid that it will heal weird now..

anyone else have a fall 5 days after their bunionectomy was there any effect from it?

ive emailed my dr but its basically 3 am here. wont hear back til tomorrow either way i have an appt in about 32 hrs to see him

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello:

I read your thread from 2 years ago on your bunion surgery. I recently took a minor fall and landed awkwardly on the surgery foot. But think it is ok as no pain just a slight tingling where stitches are. I go in for stitches removal in four days. I'm on day 16 post surgery.

I was wondering if you could tell me how far apart you got your surgeries. I did my left foot and will need to also do my right foot. How many days after the first surgery date did you get your second surgery?

How did it go on the second go around.

Thank you for any information you can give. 😃

• Posted

I am 6 days post op and I fell off my scooter transferring in the bathroom and hit the front of my foot. Not only did I have a bunion corrected but a hammertoe (2nd toe) repaired as well. My mid-foot hurts but not my toes. Thankfully I see my doctor tomorrow for 1st post-op. Of course I am worried about any damage.

• Posted

I am 6 days post op and I fell off my scooter transferring in the bathroom and hit the front of my foot. Not only did I have a bunion corrected but a hammertoe (2nd toe) repaired as well. My mid-foot hurts but not my toes. Thankfully I see my doctor tomorrow for 1st post-op. Of course I am worried about any damage.

• Posted

I saw this question because I was on here looking for the same information. I had my bunionectomy a week and a half ago, I’m supposed to go tomorrow and have my stitches out. I fell a little bit ago my whole foot is throbbing, I can’t decide whether I should go to the ER or just wait to my appointment tomorrow. I’m really scared I screwed something up.

• Posted

After 4 weeks of bunion surgery with plate and screws I was about to sit down while putting my crutches aside and about fell. I put a lot of pressure on my foot in my boot so I wouldn't fall. I hope I didn't damage anything! Scary feeling. Were all of you guys ok after incidences with your foot?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.