Any one have Fibro and have TKR done?

Posted , 16 users are following.

I am wondering how much worse this surgery is going to be and it I will heal slower being I suffer from Fibro all the time.  I already have to take Tramadol and Mobic daily to be able to function and work.  Worried that after TKR the fibro will make the knee surgery worse.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I have had fibromyalgia for a number of years.

I am day five of a tkr and knee cap replacement. I have a lot of pain since the nerve block came out. I have little strength in the muscles of the operated knee and the swelling is still very significant. Pain is my main problem. Can any one advise if this is normal or am I just a sook?

• Posted

I’m day 10 postop TKR and my Fibromyalgia, plantar fasciitis, and depression are all inflamed, having been pretty well controlled prior to surgery. I know the PT is too much but what am I supposed to do? I am going to refuse it today and rest!!! Help??!!!
  • Posted

I had a  TKR done   on July 11th..I was in hospital a month notmaly 5-10 days...I kept getting muscle spasms and cramps in my legs..the other one us bone on bone too all due to arthritis it’s getting done next year, it’s all good now, yes the new knee still feels funny-odd but I’ve got  knee support on my other knee...Having Fibro and the op was horrid..once the hospital started to treat me fir both I was ok...I’m still on a walking stick, walk ok around the home..,they told me to stop taking all my supplements 10 days before the op...then they said I could have kept taking my magnesium..grr,,and I was on heaps mag spray, mag tablets, mag effervescent drink...so they were out of my system grrr they started to give me them with my daily meds.. but my husband brought all mine in..and I swear that’s what prevents all my muscle trouble..anyway I did notice that I was starting to get depressed and 0 sooo much pain, but once I got home no more depression stil a bit of pain etc..but going good really, but you defibately get a flare up once you body has any sort of trauma..hooe  things get better for you Cathy, really feeling for you, be blessed and have a good weekend..💐be encouraged it did give me a set back but as time passes it gets very very much beter..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.