Any one on 225mg need advice :)

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi was on 150mg for couple of months for panic attacks, found them great! Any way last week there was a upset so I asked doc to increase me to get me through a bad time, so last tues started 225mg, I know u get symtons with them goin into ur system but I didn't think I would be this bad! Feeling so anxious 24/7 taking panic attacks and feeling very light headed.so I yesturday I only took my 150mg felt a little bit better but still anxious and scared to do things again, rang my doc but she isn't in until tomorrow can anyone here help me for advise? Many thanks xx

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Jackie

Yes, I have been there.

I would suggest that your increase in panic attacks are a product of the disease, rather than the increased dose of Venlafaxine.  You have just been through the experience of a bad time, and it/ your anxiety won't get better over-night. 

I looked up on Medline whether Venlafaxine might give you hypotension, (low blood pressure) and although it is unusual, it does occur.  This might be the cause of your light headedness.  Perhaps, rather than just 150 mg, or the 225 mg prescribed, try taking 150 mg, and an additional 37.5 mg, today?  And then make sure that you have an appointment with your GP when she gets back tomorrow. 

In the mean time, try anything that you know works for you in terms of controlling panic attacks.  Calming music, aromatherapy baths, playing computer games, reading poetry, walking in the fresh air, or whatever.

Hang in there!  It always gets better, and you will too!  xx

• Posted

Hi Jackie, I've had an increase in venlafaxine up to 225. I now take 150 slow release tablet in the morning and 75 at night. I'm also tapering down on mirtazapine.  I take it for depression. But I think a dosage change has made my anxiety a little worse. I'm keeping on with the dosage change and hoping that it'll work soon. I don't have panic attacks which must be frightening for you.Why anti depressants make you feel worse first of all is such a pain! Are you on ven just for panic attacks or do you suffer with depression?  
    • Posted

Hi kat mines all panic attacks and anxiety which would lower my moods, how long have u been on the 225? Xx
    • Posted

I've only been on 225 since last friday. I've been on ven before and it's always got me better but having taking two anti depressents isn't helping at all yet. I find a nice soak in the bath helps. How were you taking the tablets? I was given 150 slow release to take in the mornings so it would be in my system all day.  
    • Posted

Oh I have no idea maybe u know what ones I'm on? They are the peachy round ones 75mg x2 in the morning xx
    • Posted

It doesn't sound like you have the slow release tablets just the normal 75mg. It's good that you have a good husband. Me too. My husband is very understanding.  It helps doesn't it. 
    • Posted

What's the difference ??
    • Posted

The pharmacist told me that the slow release tablets stay in your system longer throughout the day because they're well, slow release. I take the normal 75 tablet at night.
  • Posted

Hello Jackie

Yes, I have been there.

I would suggest that your increase in panic attacks are a product of the illness, rather than the increased dose of Venlafaxine.  You have just been through the experience of a bad time, and it/ your anxiety won't get better over-night. 

I looked up on Medline whether Venlafaxine might give you hypotension, (low blood pressure) and although it is unusual, it does occur.  This might be the cause of your light headedness.  Perhaps, rather than just 150 mg, or the 225 mg prescribed, try taking 150 mg, and an additional 37.5 mg, today?  And then make sure that you have an appointment with your GP when she gets back tomorrow. 

In the mean time, try anything that you know works for you in terms of controlling panic attacks.  Calming music, aromatherapy baths, playing computer games, reading poetry, walking in the fresh air, or whatever.

Hang in there!  It always gets better, and you will too!  xx

• Posted

Just feel like I'm back to square one 😡😡 xx
  • Posted

Hi again Jackie

Illnesses such as ours are slow to recover from, and you have to keep going.

Do you have a close friend that could be with you, or better still, if you can cope with it, take you out for the afternoon today?  It helps not to be preoccupied.

Sending you hugs xx

• Posted

See with me I wasn't goin out much and was doing very well on the 150 I have a very supportive husband, I just want my life back, I used to be out all the time lol xx
    • Posted

Hi Jackie, The silver lining in your cloud is you have a supportive partner.

Now I wish I did but i am by myself and have no-one i can talk to on a personal level. Lea\n on him when things are bad, cry and cry and get the pain out of your system. I think perhaps why we have the ability to cry. Like an erupting volcano, getting rid of the crap inside ourselves.

• Posted

Always here if u need a chat Jpm xx
    • Posted

Thank you, Jackie. God bless you. John

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.