Any one on 225mg need advice :)

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi was on 150mg for couple of months for panic attacks, found them great! Any way last week there was a upset so I asked doc to increase me to get me through a bad time, so last tues started 225mg, I know u get symtons with them goin into ur system but I didn't think I would be this bad! Feeling so anxious 24/7 taking panic attacks and feeling very light headed.so I yesturday I only took my 150mg felt a little bit better but still anxious and scared to do things again, rang my doc but she isn't in until tomorrow can anyone here help me for advise? Many thanks xx

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am so glas that you have a good man - it really helps.

You WILL get your life back, but it takes time, and remember - it is an illness, and it isn't your fault.  Take care

• Posted

Hi  jackie41. I'm not sure if I can add much to the previous posts, but i can say I've been on 225mg venlafaxine for several years, and it's worked well.  I take it as 75mg slow-release tablets, 2 in evening and 1 in morning. I've never found it causing me panic attacks, and I've had few side-effects except possibly a little extra sweating and slight problems in my sexlife (!?) but it's all been manageable and worth persevering with for the benefits.
    • Posted

Thanks for ur reply, thinking maybe they are just going into my system? I had a very stressful event last Monday and doctor upped me to the 225 on the Tuesday, though what I find strange is I thought it took few weeks for the dosage to go into ur system but doctor wants me back down to 150mg in 2 and a half weeks (to start weaning then) as for sexlife I was very alarmed as mine went through the roof haha 😳 thanks for reply xx
  • Posted

Hi Jackie41.  I want you to know that there is nothing to be worried about as regards to your medication.  You have said that you were already on 150mg for a couple of months and have since had them increased by 75mg to 225mg by your doctor.  I have had my dosage of 225mg since September 2005.  A long time.  Many symptoms that you experience are triggered by deep seated fears of what you think might  happen because of a change or increase in medication.  That’s not to say that you imagine this, far from it. Any side effects that you feel, or think you feel will quickly recede when you begin to feel the benefits that the medication brings.  Everyone is different and reacts in different ways but that does not mean it is bad or that it is making things worse.  But as ever with any medication, if you have any fears or worries then check it with your GP or Pharmacy. I hope that I might have been able to at least to have put your mind at rest.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.