Any positive stories?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

I've recently gotten a prescription for xenical online...I plan to start taking the tablets on Monday when 1. I've the money to buy them & 2. I've a wedding this weekend so that would be a waste smile

I've been reading your pages and I'm really impressed with everyone's hard work & commitment. I'm just a little worried though as most the threads speak of little progress & weight gain. I recently turned 28 and I'm 5ft 4inchs and 179lbs. I've been overweight for my entire 20's and I'm fed up with being fat, insecure & unhappy with how I look. I'm putting a lot of pressure on these tablets to work for me but I got a fright when I read the discussions on slow progress /weight gain etc...can people share their good experiences here with me? I need the motivation & positive stories to start this journey. I don't want to turn 29 & still be the same....

Thanks for reading! smile

2 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hiya. I lost 5 stone in just over 5 months. I also did lots of reading before taking them.

You must stick to a very low fat diet (below 5g of fat per 100g) takes some getting yr head round at the start but it does get easier. I also stuck to 1200 calories a day.

You read a lot on here about many not loosing but yes for some it's hard going but for others they are not working out the fat and calories right. One lady was saying I'm only having 13g of fat per meal as you are allowed up to 15g but when she wrote down what she had had it was actually 38g in one meal and nearly 2000 calories that day😳 my advice to to use my fitness pal app and count every calorie and gram of fat. These tablets don't make you loose weight they keep you on the straight and narrow cause if you eat wrong you get awful side effects. You have to work hard and be really good. If you fall off the wagon get back on it and don't give up. I'm sure you can do it.

Also if you're starting Monday try and not eat too fatty foods a couple of days before as the tablets might make you rid the orange oil 💩 good luck xx

• Posted

Hiya. As one of those struggling I am interested in your advice re how much fat to eat. Is it sticking to foods which are less than 5g of fat per 100g AND eating less than 15g fat per meal (45g per day) AND sticking to 1200 calories?
    • Posted

5 stone in 5 months?! That is fantastic!! Well done! Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it! Have you any examples of meal plans that you've stuck to? I've seen a xenical book on Amazon so I'm going to buy that tonight & hopefully start on the right foot come Monday...also alcohol...I know that theres no fat in drinks but it still slows down the weight loss...did you give up drink altogether? Im not sure I can!!!!
    • Posted

I love my wine. I did have a odd glass on a sat night as I use to have a drink every night with my evening meal. It really does slow weight loss down but if u count it in yr calories.

I use to have oat so simple or fruit and yogurt or weetabix for breakfast.

Lunch was soup or prawn wraps, salad, jacket spud ( no butter or cheese) plenty of beans or tuna mayo if u use extra low fat Mayo.

Eve meals fish and new pot ( just watch oily fish like salmon even tho it's good fats the tablets do t know the diff) chicken stir fry ( use frylight)

Look at rose many conely recipes as all here's are under 5g of fat. Some really tasty dishes do u don't get bored. Any advice I can help u with just ask x

• Posted

I had lots of pasta too as low fat and really filling so not tempted to munch!!
    • Posted

What would u like to know Hun? I'll help if I can x
    • Posted

Just if my understanding is correct i.e. 15g fat per meal max, 3 meals a day and 1200 cal max.
    • Posted

Yes but you cannot have more than 5g of fat per 100g. This is where everyone goes wrong.

Eg: weight watchers curry is 1.1g of fat per 100g but the meal is 300g so the total is 3.3 g in that meal.

But then walkers crisp are 8g for the 25g bag so people think ohhh that's ok I can get away with that!!! No as in fact they are 32g of fat per 100g.

Does that make sense?? This is where people are going wrong just looking at the total fat the the fat in the 100g! Sorry if that don't make sense lol

• Posted

I think I understand.....but my head hurts lol!!
  • Posted

So just say I was very bold and had a really bad meal, like a pizza or something. If I took a tablet & endured the side effects (let's say a weekend & I was by a toilet!!) have I ruined my progress or will I just rid myself of the fatty deposits & be ok?
    • Posted

It's not just the weekend! Sometimes can take 2/3 days n if u had pizza ud be buggered! Sometime it just pours out with no warning. Every time I wanted something bad I would ask myself what do I want more ? Pizza to to be slim??? The reason yr doing this is because u hate the way you are! Is pizza worth it??
    • Posted

To be honest I think the oily effects vary from person to person. I haven't been following the low fat rule though I have always taken to Orlistat. I have had varying degrees of oil, sometimes leaving quite a slick in the toilet but it has never escaped without me knowing about it! I was especially worried about nightime after a fatty meal but again I have never had an 'accident'.
    • Posted

You're absolutely right! I think my question is a good indicator as to why I'm at my current weight. Why the hell has terrible food got to be so damn tasty!! I don't want people to know I'm on this medication so what have people done when you've visited friends/family & they had dinner ready? Or went out for a meal & options were limited?

I adore chocolate & crisps ...is there any alternatives that you have found that work & satisfy the cravings?

• Posted

I just said I'm being good and pick a healthy option. I had marshmallows as a treat if I lost or jelly sweets.

As for meals out pick lean mean or fish have jacket or new pot. Just common sense really.

My friend had a Chinese on these tablets n 3 days later on the m1 well💩💩💩💩💩💩ruined her BMW car seats lol.

Think we are all diff like u said cause I'd only have to have a biscuit and I'd be running to the loo.

• Posted

And u can make tasty stuff that is low fat. I do sticky chicken n noodles that's sooooo good. smile
    • Posted

Oh god your poor friend!! Ok I'm going to remember that story for when I start craving a takeaway! Cheers for the Rosemary clooney diet idea too!! smile
    • Posted

I haven't had anything bad for a month and people are now saying wow you've lost so much weight smile hopefully it'll b e the same for you!
    • Posted

Hi honey, how are you and your sinuses? Hope you are all better. Well done for sticking so rigorously to the diet. It all becomes worth it when people start to notice. The biggest compliment I have had so far was my husband saying "wow, you've lost one of your chins!". Still something I suppose - it's the mahoosive arse and stomach I want shrinking, not the face, the face is passable despite being rather round but the arse and stomach are not passable by any standards. I've been really good for the past few weeks but no additional weight loss and my next weigh in is next week so getting bit stressed. But it's not until next Thursday so hopefully I can shift at least a few lbs by then. Something has to come off eventually doesn't it? Or is my age really against me? Anyway, how goes it with you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.