Any positive stories?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

I've recently gotten a prescription for xenical online...I plan to start taking the tablets on Monday when 1. I've the money to buy them & 2. I've a wedding this weekend so that would be a waste smile

I've been reading your pages and I'm really impressed with everyone's hard work & commitment. I'm just a little worried though as most the threads speak of little progress & weight gain. I recently turned 28 and I'm 5ft 4inchs and 179lbs. I've been overweight for my entire 20's and I'm fed up with being fat, insecure & unhappy with how I look. I'm putting a lot of pressure on these tablets to work for me but I got a fright when I read the discussions on slow progress /weight gain etc...can people share their good experiences here with me? I need the motivation & positive stories to start this journey. I don't want to turn 29 & still be the same....

Thanks for reading! smile

2 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi there, you should see the weight come off pretty well as you are only 28 and I am certain age has a big impact on diet and taking these tablets. I have found it very slow going but I am mid 40's and have started the menopause and I have never been a serial dieter as only put weight on once I hit my mid 30's. However, since then it's gone up and up. I dieted a few years ago and lost weight consistently every week for several months but this time it's much harder. I haven't lost any for 3 weeks despite being very very good. So I'm having to rethink what I eat, make some adjustments - going to eat less pasta and rice and more protein, cut back to 1200 calories a day as my doctor told me to start at 1400 per day as I had 5 stone to lose (4 stone to lose now) and TRY to do more exercise as 3 times a week on my bike and walking dog every day doesn't seem to be enough!. But you do have age on your side so you should find it a bit quicker to get off - but it will still be hard as you do have to be incredibly strict. The 5g of fat rule takes a bit of getting used to but you will soon get the hang of it, for e.g when I first started I thought I would have to give up my favorite tinned Heinz tomato soup but when I read the details on the back of the tin it actually has 3g of fat per 100g (it's a 400g tin)so if I eat half a tin that is 200g so 6g of fat total which means I can have a wholemeal pitta with it or some rice cakes. But I love it so much I would rather have the whole tin, i.e 4 x 3 = 12g of fat in total as the tin is 400g but have nothing else with it. As for the toilet repurcussions, again this varies person to person. I have not had any nasty side effects despite eating some fatty foods on a couple of different occassions (3 separate occassions), whereas others only have to sniff a biscuit and they are rushing for the toilet. But I was really ill last week with a terrible upset stomach (both ends) and felt really unwell so I thought it was a bug because I had not eaten anything sinful the prior 7 days so who knows. I think the trick is to stay motivated and positive and keep going even if you have a bad day or feel like you're not losing. Good luck.
    • Posted

Thanks for your advice! I've PCOS which makes it harder to shift the pounds. Last year I tried slimming world and was so strict on myself I didn't even leave the house to meet friends to avoid bad food/alcohol. I excecised & all but only lost a pound: I was so gutted I gave up. I can't let this happen this time so I'm trying to gather as much info as possible to prepare myself! Thanks everyone for your help! X
    • Posted

Oh god, yes that would hinder your weight loss. How horrible, I feel for you. I feel for us all actually cause trying to lose weight is a nightmare. You do right, get lots of information, prepare yourself, get this weekend out the way (and enjoy it) and then go for it. Good luck.
    • Posted

Hi hun how are you doing? Good luck with your next weigh in mines friday morning urgh!!! Dreading it!! I havnt weighed myself for 4/5 days as it was becomming an obsession lol but ive had sone comments ' oh your doing well' so im hoping that means your looking slimmer lol and ive had that comment from my partner too.... You chin and neck look thinner!!! Its my bum and tum i want thinner not my bloody neck! Why do men always compliment the wrong thing!!! Anyway ive been good sticking to 1200 and excercising no accidents at all infact most of my time on these im the opposite im more constipated never had any oil???? Is that normal?? Keep me informed and updated with your progress good luck πŸ‘ xxx
    • Posted

If uv had no oil yr doing it right!!! Well done I'm sure uv done amazing. Good luck for weigh in smile
    • Posted

Hi Corimme. I know what you mean about your neck. Yesterday as I came off the Wii fit looking like I had travelled by sewer, I caught sight of my face. Underneath the redness and rivers of sweat I could see that it was looking thinner. WTF?? I don't exercise my face! I exercise my butt/legs/abs everything else but the weight comes off my face? There's no justice, especially when my daughter, (who is lucky to be still walking after this comment) said that I shouldn't lose any more weight of my face because it's making me look older!!
    • Posted

Ha ha ha sorry but that did make me laugh xx thank you so much ill need good luck 😜 yes im the same my face is looking longer my neck like a chewed up toffee and still plump and round on my ass and tummy!!!! I feel like squeezing some fat upwards to my face and neck fill out the wrinkles tie a belt round to keep it there job done lol if only!!! Well we keep going hun its got to even out one day ha ha keep me updated with your progress hun good luck xxxx
    • Posted

Hi fairy thanks so much if i could go the loo before weigh in i might do ok ha ha xx i thort i was soing something wrong as i have had no oil or anything i thort if you did you were losing more fat trust me lol well good luck to you too hunny keep going and keep in touch with your progress πŸ‘ xxxx
    • Posted

Hi honey, I'm fine, just been sitting in the garden but it was so hot I had to come in! Lovely though so no way am I complaining. Ooooo Friday, let me know how you get on, if you had already lost 6lbs and you haven't weighed yourself for 6 days then I bet come Friday another couple will have come off, but you know what, even if it's still only the 6 that is brilliant. 6lbs is a lot of weight. So well done so far. And I know exactly what you mean about chins/neck. I had the same with my husband, he said to me hey, you've lost one of your chins. And my response was very much like yours - don't give a toss about my chins - the old face is passable, it's the mahoosive arse and stomach I want shrunk! Especially as I have quite scrawny legs - especially my ankles - and so I look like a toffee apple. I think the constipation thing is quite common as I've seen a fair few people suffereing with it and I am one of those. I have resorted to taking one fibogel sachet a day and that seems to be helping. I've not had the oily discharge some peeps seem to get (thank god) as that sounds awful but then I am very careful about amount of fat I eat other than a few weeks ago I ate a fatty meal each week to make me go. I've stopped with that now and just have the extra fibre in the drink each day. Disgusting stuff! 1200 calories is seriously good, well done, I am struggling to get that low as always seem to need about 1350 but I try each day and hope that my stomach will shrink and I can cut the calories down a bit more. My weigh in is Tuesday and I don't think I will have lost anything as up to Monday I hadn't lost any in past 3 weeks. I was fed up and depressed about that but feel better today and am just continuing plugging away and hopefully a couple might drop by Tuesday. So good luck Friday, let me know how you get on and well done so far regardless. x
    • Posted

Hi hun oooh thank you to be truthful i dont feel like ive lost any more at the min but im not giving in and weighing myself ill wait x mind my partner just been round for some tea ( have our own houses) lol works better😊 he just said oooh your feet and ankles look slimmer???? What sort of compliment is that?? Ha ha still losing from the wrong areas lol hope you enjoyed your sunshine there its been freezing here πŸ˜’ ill keep you updated thanks so much for the encouragement yes at least ive lost something xx you stay positive you have done so well good luck for tuesday hunny im sure you will have done well keep me updated xxx
    • Posted

Hi hun well had my weigh in they were very pleased in 3 weeks lost 8.5 lbs i was really pleased πŸ˜€ so i can have another months supply they said keep losing you will keep getting your prescription so a great incentive xx i next get weighed 15/5 so fingers crossed i lose sone more mind its harder going then i expected sticking to low fat and excercising every day but when you know your losing it keeps you going xx good luck for tuesday let me know how you get on have a lovely weekend hunny xxx
    • Posted

Hi honey, well that is just amazing. Well done - 8.5 lbs in 3 week is bloody fantastic. You must be delighted and I would be too. I am impressed you exercise every day, that is bloody marvellous. I find the exercising harder than the lack of food as I am not naturally athletic funnily enough!!!!! But I have got to the stage on my bike that I can go for a couple of hours now and I actually love it when the sun is shining and I'm with my husband. So Tuesday is fast approaching and I know I haven't done very well because I have had so many social engagements this past month - all involving bloody food. How do we get round this? I had easter, a weekend away at a 5 star hotel, several work fuctions involving food, several social meals out, an engagement party - and it all involves bloody food. Even if you eat before you go, sitting at a table with everyone eating yummy food makes it impossible. I tried on every occassion to eat the healthy options but always ended up over eating nevertheless. This month I only have 2 eating out social occassions - my birthday and next weekend there is a big family get together party at my aunts. Apart from that, I intend being a complete hermit and not leaving the house unless it's for a bike ride. Tis the only way I can see around it. What do you do when you go out?
  • Posted

Hi there welcome to our world lol you will get great support and advice on here were all in the same boat and everyone is lovely and friendly x my post was slow loss i felt i was doing everything by the book and not much reward but 6lb in 3 weeks isnt that bad!! I have my weigh in friday this week dreding it like everyone doesi have not weighed myself for 4/5 days now as i was getting obsessed with the scales but everone keeps saying your doing well you look slimmer hope they not being polite!! Ill know when i hit the scales fingers crossed x get my fitness pal app its great it tells you your calorie allowance usually 1200 enter any excercise you do it gives you extra calories should you need them but if you eat correctly and stick to the 5 grms per 100gm you will see a difference πŸ˜€ everyone is different as age diet excercise all play a part your young and have motivation that will keep you going if you struggle come back for advice everyone on here is in the same boat and will support you good luck hun get going work with your tablets and they will work fir you xxx
  • Posted

Thanks everyone for your replies! I'm actually excited about starting this now. The good weather hopefully will be a good motivation as i won't be able to hide my belly in big jumpers anymore!!πŸ˜ƒ

If people are constipated would you consider a few spoons of lactulose to clear yourself? Also this is a pretty wretched question but does anyone wear slim liners incase of an accident? Pretty nervous about that starting off Monday!!!

• Posted

Hi dont worry you will be fine stick to 5gms per 100grms of fat and you will not need any liners 😊 stick to low fat food you will not have any provlems good luck xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.