Any Sciatic tips?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello! Im 25 and have been experiencing back for a few years that I just shrugged off but last week when full of the cold, I coughed and felt something make a sharp shooting pain in my lower back. Off to the doctors, told I have sciatica, prescribed cocodamol and signed off work for a week. Which when full of a cold that led to sinusitis and sore was no picnic. Back to the doctors yesterday as pain has left my back but now unable to stand straight without shooting pain down my left leg (which was my affected side anyway). The doctor burshed it off and I was prescribed naproxen, an anti inflammatory, which as yet seems to be doing nothing. I can only describe the pain as the back of my thigh being tight and whenever I stretch it I just about end up crying on the floor in a mess. I was wondering if this is normal for sciatica and should I continue as I am with the prescribed meds and just keep on attempting to keep moving about as I have been told staying still for too long will only lengthen the healing process. Any help would be great, I've been signed off work for a further two weeks with it sad

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Emily. Just wondered how you are. Have you had any improvement?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.