Any suggestions for the Weird Head????

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm backkkkkkkk..... I have noticed that some days I get this weird head feelings. Today my head has been feeling like I was on a plane and my ears were going to pop.

Does anyone else experience this? Is this a peri symptom?

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jamie, my gynecologist didn't think so. It's mostly in my ears with my head as a backdrop. I have this muffly thing where my ears can't hear well, and I can't pop them because I feel I'm in a tunnel trying to hear. I had it once all day, and another time for a few hours. I had my doctor check my ears, but said it could be a sinus issue or could be that my typanic membrane is inflammed causing the a congestion inside the ear. That it can go away on it's own but to take motrin or ibuprofen to reduce the inflammation. She says it happens a lot during this phase best to take an anti-inflammatory for it. Hope this helps.
    • Posted

Thanks Patrathegreat,

It's scary sometimes. I have had sinus issues but nothing that feels like this. After a while it just goes away. It's weird but I was just wanted to know if anyone else felt like this.

• Posted

Yes yes yes and it is weird not just one place in your head it's all over different places and the war thing sometimes I get pain in one ear and then if I tilt my head the wrong way my ears just muffle real bad feels like I'm in a tunnel that scares the daylights out of me and here comes old faithful anxiety it's crazy but you are not alone on this one that's for sure
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply. I have always had sinus issues growing up. But never like the feelings I get now. It's weird and scary at times. I was just wondering is this was another symptom.
    • Posted

I believe it is I also have had allergies but has gotten worse since I started menopausal my head nose ears ringing so much I feel horrible at times
  • Posted

I believe this is linked. I've always suffered with poorly ears, throat infections, tonsillitis, allergies etc, particularly during puberty. Now I've hit this phase it's all come back with a vengeance. Decongestant tablets with paracetamol might help or a nasal spray. It's no fun is it. Hope you are feeling better soon x
    • Posted

Thanks,

I will try a nasal spray. This thing is getting on my last nerve. It's something new everyday. I've been having some crazy vivd dreams and nightmares whenever I do get sleep lately. I have a docs appointment today and I'm already anxious.

• Posted

If, something in our body is slightly sick or our immune system low, then whatever is inflammed in our body will come out and feel exaggerated 10 fold especially when we're in peri/menopause. This is what my gynecologist explained to me. So if you weren't in this phase, it would not be as exaggerated and you would treat it only when it came out full blown. But since we're in this phase, you can either wait for it to pass or take an anti-flammatory.  I take turmeric or vitamin d3 or vitamin c which seem to help a lot. I just wish I would have remembered to take it more often.  I was also going thru fuzzy brain until I started taking St. John's Worts. No, I don't own any stock in St. John's wort, lol and I can't even recommend a brand because many companies make it. I bought it at an organice good store in the US. But with this said, it does work for many of the symptoms associated with peri and menopause symptoms. Have a great day ladies. 
    • Posted

I'm certainly going to try St. Johns Worts. I'be been told a few times that it helps. I'm about ready to try anything so i can feel a little normal. I feel like my body is out of control and I can't do anything about it. Not liking that idea.
  • Posted

Hi Jamie, I know what you mean I have all the weird head sensations, hearing going muffled in one ear, pain/pulsing in temple and head feels like it might burst and vibrations in head/neck I'm going back to 3rd doctor today to get yet another opinion....
    • Posted

I thought about asking for another scan. I get the ringing ears also. But it seems when I turn my head a cetrain way it goes away. I was sleeping a little and just woke up with inside tremors. I had the same thing yesterday. It's almost time for my menses so all these things are extra this week.
    • Posted

Hi Jamie, I get the fuzzy head & ears blocked at different times plus weird sensations in head that seem to vary in location & intensity. I always feel rubbishy in the morning - don't do rushing about anymore. I feel like my heads no longer my own. Hope you feel better soon and the symptoms stop plaging you 😊
    • Posted

Hello and thank you for your reply. It gets scary sometimes because i've never had it before. I've had a CT scan and all was good but every little new sensation or feelings that come about have me paranoid. Trying to keep my panic attacks reduced as much as possible.
  • Posted

I know Jamie, it's horrible - I seem to feel anxious at everything - no one ever tells you how bad it is, all you hear is hot flushes!! I wish.

Take Care x

• Posted

I'm anxious at everything too. I have to take my sister to work and I am already dreading the ride. I've been home all week due to the nervousness and jitters.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.