Any thoughts? Going over 13 months now

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'll try to be short but this is my first post here. It start with laying floor tile.

My knee/muscles got tight and kneecap cracked a few times getting up. I also hit under the patella with a piece of tile- it hurt like crazy for a minute but went away. There was too much getting up and down and having to reset some tile, straining the knee. I had pain ever since then. 1.5 weeks later my knee starting cracking and swelled around the patella. The cracking stopped completely last July after some hard glute work going up and down ladders after my worker did not show up. 

Here are my current symptoms"

Medial knee pain- medial under petalla- still various degree of swelling

between 12 and 9 o'clock looking down- no redness or warmth ever.

Pes Anserine Pain on occasion, or jointline pain but no pain on palpation- perhaps on the medial condyle at the joint line.

More recent medial sided pain- hamstring related?

I cannot entend my leg fully when weight bearing.

I have a little weakness still in quads.

Pain normally sharp, esp after getting out of longer car ride

I limp most of the time, and cannot run

I feel pain 90% of the day

My femur feels like it is slightly rotated inward, or my foot is slightly outward- this can't help but most people I see walk with their right foot turned out more than me!

I tried everything inc. 2 orthos, 3 PT's, chiro, massage.

MRI and X-Ray was shockingly "normal" 

I actually had 3 instances in the last 10 days at night where the knee suddenly felt fine- muscles firing. This happened after 9 p.m or so. Then the left knee went haywire! Patella mostly and some similar pains that I have in the right knee. The first time was the worst and the last was isolated to one area. This stunned me. I am busting my butt in the gym but the work does not seem to match the "progress." 

I can answer any questions including previous symptoms. Thank you!!!

Oh, I am fine on stairways, and going down is easier now with my quad work. It is walking that mainly kills me! Squatting is the gym is o.k.- sometimes kneecap pain from pressure but weaker quad likely culprit. I do not have full flexion either, but the quad seems to get in the way of that now.

1 like, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Peppe, meniscus always crosses my mind but I had 2 MRi's actually and they both said fine. I tiny bit of fluid in the medial side according to my ortho but he said that is normal. I can also bend and twist at zero and 20 degrees without pain. But at the same time it does not feel right. Last night I lifted my inner leg up sideways and moved the lower leg up in relation and it really hurt. I also used to be able to stand up indian style no problem but that is way out of the question now. I will ask about the meniscus when I see my ortho next time because sometime is most definately wrong!
  • Posted

Sounds like some of this my e connected to the bursas. You have bursitis worth asking your doctor. This is helped by RICE Rest.Icing.Compresion. Elevation
    • Posted

I thought bursitis early on with swelling and redness/warmth. The thing is I tried lots of ice and rest early on to no avail, even anti-inflams. I will ask this again on my next appt to see if there is any residual effect going on.

The strange thing is my first area of pain was replicated by my massage therapist by pressing on my ilipsoas. I wonder then if it was the pressure or strain on the hip flexor referring the pain? The pain was at the bottom of the kneecap.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.