Any tips for dealing with the nausea at work?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi Ladies - love to you all, I've had a pretty horrid month, nausea seems to now be one of my main symptoms, along with anxiety and no appetite at all! I don't think I've ever experienced this so acutely - I usually love my food, but at the moment I can't face eating at all, its very much like early pregnancy. I'm so worried something might be wrong as its hard to think that this is all down to hormones, I work part time, and its getting awkward to keep on turning down food and 'feeling sick' without really knowing why, I've been having these symptoms for 3 years now (I'm 41), blood tests are all clear - FSH is going up though, but as we know these mean nothing where peri is concerned, any tips from anyone else trying to stay working through all this - would be much appreciated xxxxx

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I’ve had really bad nausea too which is worse in the mornings. I found “Gingermints” at my local Trader Joe’s are they seem to be helping a little. Just like Altoids but with ginger.
  • Posted

Hi Karen, I work full time and struggle every day with the nausea. My appetite is poor so I eat little and often otherwise my sugar level drops and I feel faint so it’s a viscous circle, I don’t want to eat but have to. I have mint tick tacks and polo mints in my draw at work, in my pockets, in my car. I started in peri at 49 and been in menopause since 2015. I’ll soon be 56 so it’s been going on for a long time for me. I am really struggling with feeling off balance and slight dizziness these last few months.  I had this at the start of peri but it’s back with a vengeance. This has been making me feel anxious lately and I dread going out for a meal or social occasions because my family and anyone I know just don’t understand how I feel and it’s been going on for so long they’ve stopped asking me. 

I understand and what you mean when you say about turning down food, it’s just very strange for anyone who’s not going through what we are and to be honest perhaps we can’t expect them to understand as it’s too much to take in.

I’m going to go part time at work soon all do to me struggling to get through the week, it’s a shame as I enjoy my work and it keeps my mind active but this horrid menopause  is hell and I work with all men and a younger girl so no one would get how I feel, I just put a front on and pretend I’m ok 😢😞. I’m sorry I can’t give you any tips to get through the nausea but just wanted to reply to say your not alone and I understand your struggle. Sending you a comforting hug X

• Posted

I applaud you for working while dealing with this crap!  I’m embarrassed to say I’m only 41, self employed and had to stop a few months ago.  All my clients keep contacting me and asking if I have a “ diagnosis “ yet...all very well intentioned, but I never know what to say. Nobody truly will understand unless they deal with it.   I’m so grateful to be on this forum.  I used to complain to my husband and got the “ what do you want me to do about it”🙄. Hugs to you too🤗🙏

• Posted

Hello anxious! Poor you, how long has the nausea been going on for you ? Does it come in waves? really hope you get relief sometimes....another nauseous horrible day for me! I had to fly  with my 2 kids aged 5 and 3 and had a sneaky glass in wine on the plane - it was bliss!! For an hour I had no nausea, my appetite came back and I felt relaxed...all came crashing down to earth though when it wore off sad
  • Posted

Hi Karen. The nausea has been with me for about 5yrs. Can be intense all day or just comes and goes through the day. Sounds like you need to purchase your own plane, have a couple of bottles of wine on board ( small ones of course) and spend the day flying around if that’s what’s making you feel better then invite us all to come with you and we’ll have a wonderful time 😀😁. 

Whilst on the ground I hope you too feel better soon, I really don’t know how you cope with small children went your feeling bad. Hugs x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.