Any tips for dealing with the nausea at work?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi Ladies - love to you all, I've had a pretty horrid month, nausea seems to now be one of my main symptoms, along with anxiety and no appetite at all! I don't think I've ever experienced this so acutely - I usually love my food, but at the moment I can't face eating at all, its very much like early pregnancy. I'm so worried something might be wrong as its hard to think that this is all down to hormones, I work part time, and its getting awkward to keep on turning down food and 'feeling sick' without really knowing why, I've been having these symptoms for 3 years now (I'm 41), blood tests are all clear - FSH is going up though, but as we know these mean nothing where peri is concerned, any tips from anyone else trying to stay working through all this - would be much appreciated xxxxx

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Someone told me anything with Ginger helps.. tea, candies, etc.....
  • Posted

Good luck with the coil.  I am in the US.  They throw AD or Birth control at us “young-ins”.  I was on BCP for 20 years, came off last year and within a month, fell to pieces.  I was getting subtle non bothersome symptoms at 38, but the pill masked it pretty well.  Tried going back on, then the mini pill...both no good!  Stuck on an AD for now until my next gyno appointment next month.  To control my out of nowhere “anxiety” that popped up exactly after I stopped BCP...gee, hormones maybe 🤔drs are so clueless!  

• Posted

Yes its the same here - I've seen a few gynos and they all say something different to be honest and generally suggest ADs or the mini pill, I don't think a lot of them have a clue about peri - and to be fair, its not easy to diagnose given that it doesn't show up in blood tests. I saw a nurse this morning because I needed to have an asthma test (my allergies have really increased as well) who vouched for the mirena coil, saying its what she is going to use when she is at this stage and friends have said it is good as well...I tried the pill a couple of months ago and it was awful! x

• Posted

So glad I read this I have been feeling sick, bloated, easily full and have no appetite since last Friday ! Just feel miserable. Love to you all xx
    • Posted

I have allergies now too!  Sinus pressure mostly.  Got a sinus infection last year and strep throat last month...never had either before!  I asked a doctor if they could just remove all my plumbing...she said that would not help anything.  My husband had a vasectomy years ago...don’t need these good for nothing ovaries!  I was told HRT was not an option for me as I still have periods.  Honestly though, I probably won’t push for it right now...my dad died at 42 heart attack...my hearts good...but that’s always in the back of my mind.  I’ll look into the coil...I was going to ask about creams too.  I hate to think somethings “up there” all the time...such a weird-o 🤪. In any event, I hope you get some  relief...please post your experience with it!  😊

• Posted

Hi Kate!  Welcome to the nausea party...barf bags to the left!  😊

• Posted

Love to you Kate, why oh why oh why does NO ONE warn us that this might happen - so we don't all end up thinking we are dying??/ I guess its not the nicest topic, but It really does help a lot to know that this is a process we have to go through, and there is light at the end of the tunnel, how old are you Kate? x 

• Posted

Yep sinuses all over the place - blocked ears as well, with blurred vision, I had to leave work early last week because I just couldn't focus on the screen  ;/..I also went and asked for a hysterectomy as well lol - we really have been going through the same c**p!

• Posted

happy birthday! hope you feel better by then, treat yourself to some pampering if you can't face birthday cake! x

• Posted

I want to warn you too... I have been very dizzy, off balanced and badly fatigued for the last few months too.  Anxiety, I’m told...but it’s  Just another spoke on the hormone wheel!  I hope you do not deal with that...but if you do...you’re not going to keel over.  😊🙏

• Posted

If I may... they don’t warn us because if we knew that this is how we would be treated after years of doing everything for everyone...we wouldn’t sign up!  Imagine after the sex talk...oh and BTW you’re going to feel like dying one day, out of the blue...and drs really can’t help you...it’s a natural process” and can last for years”.  We would all run screaming! 😂

• Posted

yep I've had that - sometimes I just think it's lightheadedness from the anxiety - can be scary especially when I'm out with the kids...its 5pm here now, so its looks like I've made it through today, which has been massively helped by you Lou x

• Posted

😊Awww...Enjoy your night.  I’ll be watching for that coil update 👀

• Posted

I was told that it's allergies too.  As we age we could be developing allergies especially this time of year. After she told me this, I thought this is why I feel dizzy/off balance at times.  She offered me a prescription allergy pill to try but I said no.. I may just try it and see.

• Posted

I did read something about histamine intolerance...low estrogen related.  My dizziness really amped up back in Dec, after I had that sinus infection.  My primary dr just keeps saying I have BPPV ( inner ear vertigo). But, I don’t think so.  Mine is constant, elevator, boat like...more like anxiety dizziness...as I have head pressure with it.  So nauseous today, I didn’t bother taking my AD, I’ll probably have a panic  attack tonight or something The heat is horrendous here too! 🙄

• Posted

I used to get sinus infection years ago when kids were tots.  I don't get them anymore but I do get these sinus headaches that last for a couple days and at times are intense for a cold rag on my forehead.  But I do oil pulling with coconut oil, a nose spray and then OTC head pressure tablets-- I think this all helps me NOT getting infections...   Maybe this is why so many ppl go to Florida and Arizona so they don't have to deal with it.

• Posted

Thanks Kelly... I’ll try that, have a tub of coconut oil in the pantry😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.