Any tips for getting heel all the way back into the boot

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I graduated to the boot today!!  I feel like progress can now begin. I'm having a hard time getting my heel all the way down into the boot. Any tips? I think partly its because I have to overcome my fear of putting any pressure on it.

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I think it is easier to put on while on the bed with your leg horizontal. There are videos on YouTube for the correct way to put on a boot. 
    • Posted

Thanks, great idea, there is a You Tube video for everything!
    • Posted

Hi. Machalle. Yep YouTube taught me heaps.  I am having trouble at times accessing this forum so I'm not being rude it just won't let me go to comments. I'll work it out. My leg is giving me grief this week. Shin sore and clicks hardwear. Yuk 

• Posted

I learned how to walk with crutches on YouTube. All of this is new to me as I have never had a broken bone!
    • Posted

Hi Jenni,

I have been having trouble accessing this forum too. Sorry your having a hard week. Hopefully this one will be much better. I cant wait until the swelling goes away and I can just jump up and walk  again!!

Someday soon I hope, for all of us!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.