Anybody also using a PEMF device for Hypertension, want to share self-treatment progress?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm new to PEMF, but need to lower my BP quickly -- it rose from having stress/anxiety for to go to ER at the hospital and complications.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

bob31550...At this moment, I can't suggest anything to you because I don't know what PEMF is. Would you please be so kind as to explain? Also, lowering the bp too quickly can be just as dangerous as high spikes.Be very careful about this. Stress/anxiety is an enemy of the human body. It can do all sorts of nasty things, including elevating bp.

Please get back to me with whatever PEMF is.

• Posted

Please use a search engine for PEMF info.  Also, the mods don't like links.

In respect, specifically, to Hypertension and PEMF, there are few studies only.  It took many days to track down WHERE to place the pulser on my body; and how long to use, etc. etc.

The best studies were the two Japanese ones (published in a "Georgian" (Russian) English-Russian magazine, and the "Philippine Study" (actually, a practitioner's treatment notes) on the Greek maker's webpage of studies or references.

However, my magnetic pulser isn't the same as the ones in the studies.  Also, my MP6 has two power settings (and pulsing speeds).  

That's why I want to see how other PEMF owners have progressed.

Cheers!

• Posted

It is actually available to NHS patients in the UK. PEMF did not at first ring any bells with me until I googled it.

It is  pulsed electro magnetic field therapy. I bought an ultrasound device to treat tendonitis that came with a return option if did not benefit me and I returned it.,They then offered me a PEMF version that I did not take up. This was in 2013.

• Posted

Not sure that PEMF therapy is available/recommended here in the UK and even if it was I doubt many people would pay the price.  I've seen $4,000 quoted for the equipment, so I doubt you will hear from many, if any, with previous experience.

As for lowering your BP "quickly", I doubt there is any magic bullet equipment that would do that especially not permanently.  The best way to approach reducing high BP is via lifestyle such as exercise and diet, lowering intake of foods containing salt and caffeine and avoiding stress. If stress is a factor, then Yoga, Tai Chi and Mindfulness can all help.

If anyone does embark on PEMF therapy, beware paying out such a high price for something that might just be a sales gimmick.  Also be very aware of the contraindications of such therapy by reading the following link:  https://almagia.com/articles/pemf-contraindications/   

• Posted

Not sure that PEMF therapy is available/recommended here in the UK and even if it was I doubt many people would pay the price.  I've seen $4,000 quoted for the equipment, so I doubt you will hear from many, if any, with previous experience.

As for lowering your BP "quickly", I doubt there is any magic bullet equipment that would do that especially not permanently.  The best way to approach reducing high BP is via lifestyle such as exercise and diet, lowering intake of foods containing salt and caffeine and avoiding stress. If stress is a factor, then Yoga, Tai Chi and Mindfulness can all help.

If anyone does embark on PEMF therapy, beware paying out such a high price for something that might just be a sales gimmick.  Also be very aware of the contraindications of such therapy - I have a link but if I post it here it will be held up by the moderators.  

• Posted

MrsO-UK Surrey...I couldn't agree with you more. There is no magic "cure" for hypertension. I cannot be cured, but can be 'controlled'. As I've written in my post, suddenly lowering bp can be just as dangerous as high bp. A gradual lowering is always best. I've never heard of PEMF therapy, & would be very skeptical about it. It makes me wonder how such a therapy would last...would a person's bp readings be lower for a short period of time, say a few hours, then it would necessitate them using the machine again. People talk about drinking certain teas, eating this/that..but what about when they go on holiday? Do they carry this stuff with them? I hardly think so. 

Again, I'm very skeptical about quick fixes., & what might be good for one, may be dangerous for another.

• Posted

Hi, Mrs.O, thanks for your reply.  (Haven't seen them all - others are pending moderation).

I ordered a $75 PEMF on Amazon, and got a $350 MP6 which I've been using for 3 days only.  Have seen two detailed Japanese studies and the study/treatment notes PDF from the Greek PEMF device manufacturer's site, under "Philippine study".   These helped me determine where to place the PEMF's paddle on my body.  Yesterday, had an effect which could not be a Placebo Effect:  My eyesight became perfect from noon to 5pm - I was so happy that I cried.  My vision went back to where it was, but I'm pulsing again, to lower my BP.  I've now read in vivo and in vitro studies that PEMF devices do lower blood pressure.  My heart rate has also gone down from my "normal" of 85 BPM to 80 BPM.  The Japanese studies show that two weeks is where the changes become durable.  

One of my friends had a PEMF eight years ago, and he didn't see any health changes.

Another friend has an MP6 for a month, and it helped dog get better as well as her leg pain. 

As far a way out of Hypertension, Dr. Greger, who wrote a book that was #6 on the NY Times bestseller list, has a video/webpage where he talks about studies on diet and Hypertension and aging.  I'm following Dr. Greger, and my diet changes have only been a couple of days old, so nothing to report yet.  He says on video that in Kenya, from hospital reports, there is practically zero heart disease.

• Posted

I don't let Limiting Beliefs get in a way of curing my body's ails, Mike.

The Law of Attraction (aka Law of Appreciation) has always worked to get me out for my health problems, even though a few times, I felt totally trapped.  Thanks for the Law of Attraction group meetings that I attend, my hopeless-views were "corrected", and as of yesterday afternoon, I was back on the warp-speed happy life that I had (not disease-free, but symptom-free, which was the exact opposite of my condition, just 4-5 days ago, when I was spending most of my day in Emergency Dept., ultrasouonds, at a hospital and doctors' offices.)

• Posted

Mike, one more thing:  I got a good education about getting rid of hypertension by flax seed meal (diet change, no animal products, even fish) from Dr. Greger's website.

• Posted

Bob, it sounds as though you already have the testimonies of friends as to results from PEMF therapy.  However, our bodies are all different in the way we present with our health conditions and will therefore respond differently to each medication or therapy applied.  Each of us has to find  what works best for us and if PEMF works for you, then far be it for me to knock it, placebo effect or not.

As you have made changes to your diet at the same time as trying PEMF therapy, it  is going to be difficult to judge which is working for you, but I would place bets on the recommended diet/exercise recommendations for hypertension and kidney disease - we  are what we eat!

• Posted

I agree with your statements, and that's why I (a new PEMF device owner) opened this thread, to see what results PEMF users are getting.   

There are many brands, models, and also, there are different ways of positioning the magnetic, settings, etc.

Re:  Diet, I agree with Food As Medicine, as a very recent convert.

Cheers!

• Posted

MrsO, tonight, I noticed my heart rate is 10+ BPM lower than my usual 88+ usual BPM.  Is this generally good?

The Systolic is 3-4 pts lower (maybe due to more than one factor).

As comparison, I'm able to lower my Systolic 15 pts by breathing technique only, as taught by the famous Dutch ice swimmer with 26 world records.  However, that 15 pt. change isn't "durable" if I don't do the breathing excercises several times a day.

• Posted

Bob, a normal resting heart rate is between 60 and 100, so I don't understand why you are  querying/monitoring it if you say your "usual" rate is 88+.  Not good to get obsessive about such 'stuff' as that just places unnecessary stress on the body.

"However, that 15 pt. change isn't "durable" if I don't do the breathing excercises several times a day." 

As I've hinted at in previous replies, no therapy for high BP is "durable" if not continued, no doubt including your PEMF - that's why our BP meds are continuous.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply.

I prefer to go non-meds if I can.

Dr Greger's videos led me to studies that show a durable, non-med, hypertension solution.  Am trying Dr Greger's, various power levels and various pulser placement on my body, and will go back to the TCM this week for a hypertension herbal remedy.

Cheers!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.