Anybody else struggling with recovery?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi Ladies anybody else really struggling with recovery after there surgery?  I had my operation on 12th december last year and am still struggling sad At the moment i`m still in agony most days with pain down below and can hardly sit down properly or if I stand to long it feels like everything will drop out rolleyes .Also if I stand or walk or do anything hardly my stomach seem to inflate and becomes full of gas and really sore with trappped wind andI have to sit with a hot water bottle on my stomach to try and shift it. I`m trying to do a little more each day but it`s like a vicious circle as the more i do the worse I feel and once my stomach blows up I can hardly do anything walk/bend etc.Starting to really get me down now sad...Have been to my doctor who was hopeless so have booked in with my consultant tomorrow as I had no follow up appointment....

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Was it prolapse surgery you had?
    • Posted

I had a vaginal prolapse surgery on January 17 so I'm about in my 6th week. Feeling a bit better each day still some pain but not major. I must say I didn't expect it to take so much out of me so I can empathize.

• Posted

I know I did expect some pain and the tiredness, some days I think i`m doing ok then  the next day back to square one it`s like 1 step forward and 2 back sad , we  had a weekend away booked at the manchester markets at the begining of december and was sure my appointment would be for the week before lol I said to my husband well the op will be on the monday i`ll be out wednesday and will be fine to go away friday you can just cary my bags lol. Little did I know :D  

• Posted

When I was in I spoke with a woman that was having it done for the second time. She went back to work after the 6 weeks. She thinks it's down to that that the surgery didn't work. I'm in my 6th week and I don't really feel up to work myself (stressful job ) I saw my doctor last week as I could feel what I thought was the tape they had attached. She told me it was some of the stitches coming away, got to say I was in a real panic. So I think I'm going to take another couple of weeks off doc said just to ring for a sick note, as I don't want to push it but I have had up and down days think that's normal tough.

• Posted

Oh gosh I wouldn`t want it done a second time sad I know I definitely couldn`t go back yet can`t even bend down when my stomach blows up lol... Does everyone have tape in there then lol. 

• Posted

Not really sure but apparently it can be successful as long as you give yourself time to heal which is killing me not used to sitting about. Not sure if I'm supposed to have a post op check you have made me think. I may call tomorrow and just check. I really hope things go OK for you because I know how it gets you down when you are used to being active. Please let me know how you get on ?

• Posted

I know I just assumed after a big op you would have to go for a check up but as matron says some people get them and others don`t sad maybe still time for you to get one but you could always ring and just check if you are?I think i`ll just feel better once i`ve seen the consultant to know if i`m normal or not lol..  

• Posted

I think seeing the right person gives you peace of mind. Crossing fingers for us both 😀😀

• Posted

Yes me too I will let you know how tomorrow goes :D and hope you get a check up too , x
    • Posted

Debbie sorry to interrupt but I sent you a personal message a while ago but I noticed you hadn't read it. xx

• Posted

Hi I had my surgery a week after you anterior and posterior repair and I'm in a similar state to you (minus the trapped wind lol) . Still have a feeling of pressure and something falling out if I stand. Trying to do a bit more eg driving emptying dishwasher but that's about it. Guess it takes some of us longer to recover. I'm due back in work next week and have no idea how I'm going to manage. Rest as much as you can, hope you're feeling better soon😊

• Posted

Oh dear sad you definately don`t sound as though you are fit to go back to work next week :O I have been trying to do a bit of everything shopping / driving / housework etc to try and get back to normal but just struggle after about 1/2 an hour lol ..It`s just the almost constant pain as well sometimes even after painkillers sad  i`m off to see the consultant later so trying to decide if i should take some pills now to ease the pain or not so i go up in a bit of agony to show him how I am sad ...It does make me feel better to know other people are in the same position as me although not a good thing lol ....

• Posted

I had my surgery at end of November and I am still far from recovered with bladder infection and possibility of further surgery on bladder further in the future as still have some bladder prolapse. the surgery that i had was rectocele, enterocele and sacrothingy stitching to my buttock! Some days I feel ok but other days very tired and cant go far away from a toilet! I have seen the surgeon who said rectocele healing nicely but cant deal with bladder problems until infection gone so he gave me second lot of antibiotics which are now finished and still symptoms so ringing GP again today and see surgeon again in two weeks. What a lot of us are really taking a lot of time to recover. I have had other major ops but never took as long as this to recover and needing lots of help with my six year old and my horse from my gallant partner who has been a star! I hope your recovery improves x
    • Posted

Oh gosh there seems to be a lot of people having to have a second op I think it`s the fact that we`ve had a bad time the first time is quite scary  to think you`d have to go there again sad I have also had toilet trouble and have to sometimes take something to make me go rolleyes My husband has also been great doing everything I have felt sorry for him lol x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.