Anybody else struggling with recovery?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi Ladies anybody else really struggling with recovery after there surgery?  I had my operation on 12th december last year and am still struggling sad At the moment i`m still in agony most days with pain down below and can hardly sit down properly or if I stand to long it feels like everything will drop out rolleyes .Also if I stand or walk or do anything hardly my stomach seem to inflate and becomes full of gas and really sore with trappped wind andI have to sit with a hot water bottle on my stomach to try and shift it. I`m trying to do a little more each day but it`s like a vicious circle as the more i do the worse I feel and once my stomach blows up I can hardly do anything walk/bend etc.Starting to really get me down now sad...Have been to my doctor who was hopeless so have booked in with my consultant tomorrow as I had no follow up appointment....

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I had my posterior repair on exactly the same day as you so I got to the 10 weeks post op yesterday. I still feel not good down there. I had a post op check at 6 weeks and she said everything was healing fine and stitches in place even though I still said it felt like I had a prolapse, not the same but it feels further back as in rectum area. She referred me to physio I had my first appointment last week. I had a good chat and she said sometimes when you have the posterior wall repaired you can cause problems further back as I told her how I felt. She examined me with a pelvic exam and said that was healing well. I had an appointment with gp yesterday and spoke to her about what has been said and asked if I could be referred to a colorectal person as I am worried something is not right there. I am still taking stool softeners and laxatives every other day and I feel more bloated now than I did before op. I don't know if all my symptoms are recovery and it's affecting my rectum area or if I have something else but just wanted to let you know I'm at the same point of recovery and I feel not good sad Hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

Oh yes you seem to have some of the same symptoms as me sad I ended up back at the hospital after 6 days in agony and passing out and crying in pain as I couldnt go to the toilet the poor doctor and nurse had toclear me out rolleyes  I am better nowbut ifi haven`t been for 3 days or more have to take laxatives to help sad  I`ts awful but some days its as though i can actually feel whatever i`ve eaten on its journey through me and out the other end like a little alien lol sad  Idid read somewhere that they can actually knock you out of  place a little down there and things then don`t work as they should sad  The bloating is really awful I was tidying a little this morning but again only managed about 30mins before I felt as though someone had inflated me with a pump and I had to roll downstairs again lol..x

• Posted

I went back to GP today and she said it can take about three months for everything to feel like it has settled back in place because it will still be  swollen and stitches still in place. It looks like I still have a bladder infection after two courses of antibiotics but she didnt know what to give me because as I am allergic to Penicillin no more options so she has sent urine sample to lab for further tests and advice on treatment but may have to be kept in hospital to be treated
  • Posted

Sorry to hear so many are having trouble with their recovery. I had anterior and posterior repair February 7th so I'm a long way from where you are. I hope you find so comfort soon. Hugs to you all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.