Anybody had a good outcome for RECTOCELE repair in the UK

Posted , 11 users are following.

Please please can anybody give any advise on good surgeons consultants in UK for RECTOCELE repair and animus?

Can't go on like this been suffering 16 years! After 6 years of trying to get the medical profession to listen!!

I'm desperate to get sorted and they don't want to know!

Anyone??

Any HEMMEROID info re permanent solutions that don't involve a scalpel!?? Would be fab too as they are now a legacy of my struggles sad

Thank you so much... I know there must be other women out there but we seem to get over looked and ignored. When these problems ruin your life!

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Where are you situated in the U.K? 

Are you able to elaborate a bit, when you say 'they won't listen, and don't want to know', what do you mean?

Who won't listen, who doesn't want to know? 

• Posted

Gosh my phone not working proper so it's not letting me type everything. Gotta take it in get fixed but here goes.. I'm in Leeds. What wanted say as well was I really am crossing my fingers for your recovery and it works out COS I know what a bummer it is literally having POOP probs!! You are managing so well smile smile

• Posted

Hi Skip, I developed a cyctocele after the birth of my first daughter 25 years ago and a rectocele when my second daughter was born 3 years later. The rectocele always gave me the most problems with bowel movements etc. Because of work issues, taking time off to recover from the operation meant I didn't go and see about getting it sorted until I finished work 2 years ago. I had the operation in October 2015 and haven't looked back. My recovery was almost pain free and I'm now considering having the cystocele done. Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Gwen

Could I ask who did the repair.. Surgeon/hospital?

So glad you had a good outcome smile smile

• Posted

Hi Gwen not been on the forum for a while now... Work home life and health of course! Still got HEMMS and they won't go COS probs with BOWEL movements. I've only just manage to get an appointment for botox to try resolve ANISMUS but in meantime RECTOCELE feels worse! I've found it very difficult to get help with these 'lady' issues here in Leeds.... And I want it all sorted as im sick to death of it all. Re reading all replies you seem to have had the best outcome(I think I know where I'm going/what I'm gonna do re HEMMS N ANISMUS..) But i still haven't found anyone to repair RECTOCELE and they have left me that long that im barely leaving the house! As CANT have a B.M.! Can i ask who did your repair and where as id rather travel and get the best surgeon even if I have to pay for it as I can't wait anymore.... Thanks Gwen

• Posted

Hi Gwen!

I also have rectocele and enterocele. My question to you is about the surgery... what kind of surgery was preformed? I'm from Croatia and here they do a rectoceler repair with synthetic Mesh. I'm 35 years old and horrified about the operation since I've read about complications. Excuse my English and my grammar mistakes..

• Posted

Hello Skip

I am on the journey to find a solution to my problem, at the moment cystocele and dropped uterus has been diagnosed, going to see gyne physio later this month to find out

in the meantime I have been having treatments from a Systemic Kinesiology whose techniques have been profound structurally. I have also had Reflexology and Mizan Therapy, a massage treatment designed for post natal care and also treatment of prolapse - encouraging blood flow to the ligaments supporting many of the pelvic organs. 

Although I feel I will eventually need surgery these interventions have profoundly changed my life and made my symptoms bearable,

I follow femfusionfitness on YouTube for pelvic floor exercise and good information, and I have recently been looking at who look at the possibility of non surgical solutions 

I do hope you find hope and encouragement here on this forum and wish you all the best on your journey. 🙂

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Many thanks Tudalen. You take care N good luck smile
  • Posted

Dr's just don't do the "don't wanna know" thing. That's medical misconduct! Have they properly diagnosed your conditions? What's animus? You can't cure harmorrhoids without the chop. You can use over counter stuff to relieve their annoyance but nothing's going to disappear those babies. 

• Posted

Hi Robyn

I had to pay for an MRi and I'm now trying to find out if I can put in a negligence claim... MRI's cost mineybi don't have

Thank you very much for your support

ANISMUS means basically my BOWELS don't open as PELVIC FLOOR not working hence horrid HEMMS!! sad

• Posted

Hi robyn

Well 8 months of fighting.later nobody will take the claim as negligence even though your right it is! As be difficult to prove!! Am so angry.... And 8 months and only just had date of.op for April for botox into PELVIC FLOOR for the ANISMUS. And that's only COS I found a very helpful.professor in Durham who said I should have it else they still wouldn't have bothered! Still got the hemms as they keep coming back.. Not been on forum.for ages as had nothing to update til now hope everyone is well smile

• Posted

My friend did extensive exercises with a professional which has been successful.
    • Posted

Can you clarify whether your friend had surgery and then did 'extensive exercises' with the help of a 'professional' or avoided surgery?

Also what exercises did she do and what kind of a professional?

Many thanks. 

• Posted

She has avoided surgery so far. I had my third op for Cystoscele and rectocele 4 weeks ago. It was worse than having my babies. I was in excrutiating pain when I came out of the anesthetic, I had terrible trouble using my bowels and was unable to pass urine. They sent me home with a self emptying catheter. It took another week before the catheter came out and I was able to empty my bladder. A traumatic experience. If you can prevent having op with exercise it may be the best option. If your too far gone. I hope you have better luck than I did.
    • Posted

Surgery is inevitable if things have prolapsed extensively though. There are such variances in the amount of prolapse from person to person. So you just cannot trust that what works for one will work for another. Some you could stand on your head forever and that ain't going to improve let alone fix it. Your friend onvioysly had early prolapse. Possibly Grade 1 so then you can maybe slow down the progression of it. So many are far too gone for excercises to make any improvement at all. 

• Posted

Same here, I'd tried everything. Now the long wait to see if my prolapse repairs have worked. ??

• Posted

Most cases all

It is doing is prolonging the surgery that's going to need doing anyway. I'm a Registered Nurse and I say just get the surgery done so you then hopefully have a better quality of life anyway. The older you get, the more difficult and traumatic the anaesthetic and surgery is. I can't imagine having the time to do all that physio and stuff that somebody on here said she does!! There's also a chance that over that time your prolapse could actually be worsening in some cases. 

• Posted

I should have had my prolapses repaired years ago, had I researched and been more educated I would have done. I didn't know about surgery, repairs etc. 

Mine definitely got worse, I remember my GP, years ago, telling me it was 'a bit like knicker elastic, once perished it's not going to get better'! 

I still have a long wait to fully assess the success, fingers crossed. 😯

• Posted

Hi Sheila

Am REWRITING this as it DINT work before ... Thank you so much for your response as it's real time and about RECTOCELES.. I think you been so brave and am hoping for a good outcome for you. I'm not sure what a sling is or the grading of RECTOCELES..!?

I have ANISMUS which has caused chronic constipation and Drs have been hopeless and horrid HEMMS as a result... The stitches sound very UNCOMFORTABLE!! Will they dissolve and the pain ease up? Take it easy smile smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.