Anybody had really dark almost black poop and blury vision

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all, last couple of days my vision has started to get blury. And then today when I went to the toilet I noticed it was really dark brown maybe even black.

Have been on 50mg Sertraline for just over 4 weeks now.

Any help please???

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Anthony

Do you take iron supplements as this can cause black stools. Or blood in your faeces can cause black stools. I’d speak to your doctor about this

• Posted

No I don’t take them, have just come to a doctors now to talk to them.
    • Posted

They really didn’t seem that interested to be honest. They think I may have an ulcer so have to do a stool sample next time I need to go and then wait for the results in a few days.
    • Posted

An ulcer can cause blood to be in your stools but mustn’t be anything serious as I’m sure they checked you over. I get blurry vision, wobbly legs and feel in another world when I have anxiety. For me it eases off at about 2 weeks and in 6 to 8 and starting to feel a bit more like myself. Hope you feel better soon
    • Posted

cherub, i just raised my dose to 75mg and got horrible diarrehia is this normal

• Posted

Hi, yes I do get blurry vision on and off but I also got it before sertraline, I did see an eye doctor and he said everything looked fine so I think it's just the anxiety that gives me blurry vision.

• Posted

did you have horrible anxiety when you started im 15 days in

• Posted

yes I did I'm close to a month only taking 37.5, but I will go up to 50mg maybe in the next week or 2.

• Posted

going up slowly seems to help me manage the side effects, I also have xanax to use only when I get a panic attack or my anxyety is through the roof, but eating healthy, no sugar at all, helps a lot, I also take unisom to help me sleep better, but I have a 5 month old who wakes up twice at night, so still not sleeping right.

• Posted

Has your anxiety gotten better I past the 2 week mark last Friday. Mornings when I first get up are bad.
    • Posted

Yes definitely got better. I have downloaded an app called headspace and I listen to the anxiety management of a morning as that’s when all the negative thoughts run through my head. I’ve just listened to the walking one whilst out with dog and I find it useful 
    • Posted

Mornings are the worst but a useful bit of advice I read from Katecogs on here advised to remember that the day will get better so I try and think that too
    • Posted

How long have you been on them this time? When if it does start getting better. I still have bouts of stomach aches somedays
    • Posted

no my anxiety is at the worst its been at so far. Its so bad i cant sleep again.

• Posted

ive been taking them for 3 weeks. For me the first two weeks are awful then it settles down. ive had this before and i know for me its important to try and carry on with my lofe despite feeling so awful and then one day it justs seems to start to taper off and i can smile again and think phew thank god for that

• Posted

Try getting an app on your phone that does meditation. Go for w walk and it talks you through ie feel the breeze on your face, what can you see etc. It sounds hard but im on my 9th day and it is helping me

• Posted

my anxiety gets better in the late afternoon and evening. right now my anxiety is through the roof, even though i went to the gym and ran some errands. i don't want to take another benzo.

• Posted

i agree mornings are the worst. It does go eventually ive been through it a few times now. I used this site years ago and have come back to it for some words of encouragement. I have enjoyed reading Katecogs words of encouragement.

• Posted

i guess i should take the klonopin if i need it my doctor perscribed 3 a day i have only been taking one

• Posted

you are doing great lynn. You have been the gym and done errands well done. when i first suffered I put my head under the duvet and thought it would pass. My personal experience of doing nothing just made it worse. what helps me is to continue getting up, dressed and do something. You have done well today getting out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.